cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Transport from DEV to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am making SAP PI transports of ESR and ID using CTS+.

Do I each time need to move my objects in a fresh transport request ? Or I can go on export using the same transport request. How do I keep track of all my requests done earlier so that I can move the same to Production.

Say I am moving 10 Configuration Scenarios, so I do each CS transport one after another in the same transport request or move it in seperate transport requests. Does the single transport request hold all my 10 CS transports-

What is the best practice for this ?

Thx in advance

Ravijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravijeet,

If all you CS you have to move in same time then yes its better to use single transport instead to creating separate of each CS...so it will help you to keep track track easily if you have another CS to move.

Best practiveis to use single transpot of all objects which you are moving in same timstamp instead of creating multipl transports.

Monica

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravijeet

You can add mutiple objects from ESR and ID in one CTS transport request. You open CTS Transport organizer from ESR/ID and then do export design/configuration objects from ESR or ID Tools menu. You preselect the transport request in the CTS browser window. This will allow objects to be added to it. And then you can continue adding objects to that transport request as you export your design/configuration objects in ESR/ID.

From a maintenance point of view, suggest if you create CTS request for each logical transport, e.g. transport for a particular business scenario or all objects for a particular business function etc.