cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTF in custom container

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gusus,

I try to resolve a situation but found any solution. My requirement is to display a label from Smartform in a custom container. What I did is the following:

1) Convert the output OTF from Smartform to PDF format

2) Create a cutomer container in screen containing a custom control

3) Call method load_data from PDF into custom control

4) Call method show_data to display

The result is I get a label image in custom control. The problem is I want to disable the navigation bar, mennu buttons, attach icon, etc from my ABAP program. I just want to display nothing else but the label image. User also will be able to modify or change anything with the label. How would I do this?

Any answer will be appreciated

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is I want to disable the navigation bar, mennu buttons, attach icon, etc

Strange. I don't get anything : the PDF is displayed (I have Adobe Acrobat Reader) inside the custom container without any toolbar, nowhere. Are you talking of Adobe or SAP GUI toolbars? Is the PDF displayed in its own Adobe window, outside SAP GUI? What software do you use?

User also will be able to modify or change anything with the label. How would I do this?

Could you tell us more about it? Why can't you allow the user to regenerate a smart form with changed data, you convert it to PDF, and display it again?

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

We want to display the label of an article for user's viewing bfore print ting it.

In our screen we have 3 things:

1) Entry field entry for article, the user will enter the article number manually

2) A custom control which is used to display the label, this label (with UPC barcode and other things) is produced by using a smartform program to produce OTF. This OTF will be returned to our program from Smartform in order to be transferred to PDF and to be called by methods load_data and show_data as described in my previous post

3) A pushbutton for printing

The label displayed sucessfullyin the custom control except that we see Adobe menus, navigation bars, etc... like you see these in using Adobe Reader 8 to view a PDF file in Window.

You said that you see only PDF in your custom control without any navigation bar, menus. Did you try to position you mouse in your custom container and press lright mouse click?

For me, the Adobe menus, navigation bar, attachement icon appears automatically and when I do right mouse click, options appear in a small window where I am able to disable these through this small window.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

Of course, the program is an ABAP program, using cl_gui_custom_container, cl_gui_html_viewer. There is nothing special. Purely Abap and Smartform.

Thank you

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right, there is a contextual menu, and I can see the buttons as you said.

By looking directly at the AcroPDF.dll control, I don't see any method to disable these functions (you may see by yourself in document http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/iac/IACReference.pdf, in chapter AxAcroPDFLib.AxAcroPDF, there are no method to keep from using contextual menu, or hiding these buttons; SetShowToolbar is only for the main toolbar with zoom, etc.)

If I remember well, we can do a few things with Adobe Forms (), the Save action might be "disabled" (preSave event).

Some people say that the whole toolbars can be disabled/hidden but I'm not sure if the user can't "unhide" these.

Is it so important to hide the toolbars?

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It is very important. Because our users are nuts. We do not want them to play with the document and call us for troubles.

Is there anyway to convert the OTF to JPG, GIF, ... ?

Thank you

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With SAP, I think that the OTF may be viewed natively in the SAPGUI only in full screen mode. And we may only convert it to a print format (PDF, PCL, PostScript, etc.)

Maybe you could retrieve the barcode picture (I guess you use new barcode technology) in BMP, from the print format, but you'll have to dig deep and hard in the system. I remember having retrieved BMP image from PCL byte stream, but I don't remember how and in which conditions exactly.

Or you display the barcode with the usual full screen mode. I think it's the smartest solution among all.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I'll search into it and let you know after.