cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC and Class Charecteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me the relation between Class Charecteristics in MM and Master Inspection Charecteristics.how are they differentiated..?? how are they related in QS64 t-code..

Please explain.

regard's,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto T code QS29, Provide the plant & for 01, maintain the Number range.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your reply, I can able to run the flow successfully by following the steps suggested by you. Here I have a smaal doubt like the characteristics what we define in MM02 and the one we dife in MIC should compulsary be the same or I can give only few of them which are needed for my Inspection..???

Please give me a clear idea of the both..

regard's,

Uday.

Edited by: uday Kiran 1903 on Aug 29, 2011 10:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MM02 you will be providing the char created thru CT04 and the MIC you are creating in QS21 may or may not be the same(I am talking about the nomenclature) but you need to mention the same Char in QS21, in the fileld 'Class Char' to get the link between these two.

For e.g. MIC in QS21 can be ABCD

Char in MM02: ABCDE & in QS21 ABCDE (Field Class Char).

Revert for more clarification if any.

Thanks

Sachin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Master Inspection characteristic linking up with Batch Management (class type 023) is one part.

In the same way, MIC can also be integrated with Variant Configuration (class type 300). The values for the characteristics in the sales order will flow to the MIC for quality inspection (while results recording).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

With the help of Class Char & linking this with MIC, we will be able to transfer the inspection results into the batch. Following is an example for better understanding

In material Master, there is a class type of 22 - Batch

For this class type, Class Number will be assigned. This class number will be created in CL01. This class can be created depending upon the requirement say for a particular material group/material one class will be assigned say- 'ABCD'

Now create Characteristics in CT04 say XYZ. Here you mention the description, UoM, released status etc. This characteristic will be the material property related characteristic which will be equivalent to MIC. Now, this Characteristic will be assigned to the above created class ABCD in CL02, u201CCharu201D Tab.

Go to Material Master>Classification>Batch. Here Input this Class ABCD and Save. You will find all the characteristics in this class will appear below this Class in the same screen.

Now coming to the Char & MIC u2013 relation, while creating the MIC, feed this char XYZ (created above) in u2018Class Charu2019 field. Status will be released with u2018Reference characteristicu2019. Go to QS61 provide the material Number & press Enter. Here you need to link the MIC & Class Char with the material.

Now once record the results & take UD for inspection lot for a batch, all the results will be transferred into the batch, So that you can see the char results in a Batch.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

When I try to create the MIC I am getting the below error

"Number range interval 01 for number range object QMERKMALE not found

Message no. Q0130

Diagnosis

A system error has occurred. The requested number range for the number range object is not defined.

Procedure

Contact your system administrator.

If necessary, notify the SAP hotline service of your problem."

Please guide me how to over come this error with step by step process and the T-codes.

Regard's,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the link you sent me. But I couldn't able to understand in detail..it's very much in technical understanding. can you please explain me in simple meaning what they mean...

Regard's,

Uday.