Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking an IDM Task to the Portal

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

We have a reqirement to place a link for an IDM task in portal.

I suspect that is not all that difficult. Here's the difficult part:

We want the link to show up after login and not allow any other portal access until the user completes a task in IDM (filling out their anonymous authentication questions)

If anyone can point me to some documentation on this, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Matt

We have got this solution working at a few customers; in brief u2026

IDM creates a user and assigns their business roles but assigns a portal role called u201Cauthentication_questions_requiredu201D that symbolises authentication questions are to be set

The portal then has a display rule based upon that role that directs them to a desktop/framework page that contains only the IDM authentication questions iView

Once the user has set their authentication questions IDM then removes the portal role u201Cauthentication_questions_requiredu201D

This allows the user to logon to the portal and in turn is assigned the default portal framework displaying their standard business functions/roles.

Hope it helps

Craig

Portal Display Rules (Rule Collections)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4b/29cf122f414721964269e1b675d62c/content.htm

Edited by: Craig Davis on Aug 30, 2011 4:42 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to ask on portal forum. Guys over there might have some ideas how to achieve this in portal. But I have an idea for case when you use IdM for portal roles provisioning. You can remove all portal roles from all users and assign a basic role which access only to IdM task. After a user sets answers for security questions you can provision proper roles to user.

Cheers

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin,

That's the tentative solution we are looking at it, but we really don't like it for a number of reasons. I'll try over on Portal as well.

Thanks,

Matt