cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Group/Split by Account Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a possibility to split/group Purchase Orders that would be created directly from the 'Process Purchase Order' transaction? I thought of using the Group_Local_PO BADi, but it would be called only while creating Purchase Orders from the sourcing cockpit.

We would like to group/split POs based on the fund and/or some account assignment fields of the line items.

I could achieve this while PO creation from the sourcing cockpit, but not sure how to handle the automatic PO creation and direct PO creation. Your help is much expected and appreciated. We are on SRM 5.

Thanks,

- J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hell Jack,

Method GROUP_PO from BAdI implementation BBP_GROUP_LOC_PO is called just before split of SC items to create PO (using Sourcing Cockpit or automatic PO from SC).

For direct PO creation, BAdI is not called. One solution could be to forbide PO creation according to your business need with help of PO check BAdI.

Regarding you split criteria (account assignment), first, you will not have this info with method importing parameters: you will need to get SC detail with SC get_detail function module i guess.

Second, if your customer use Cost Distribution, you will have to manage this case with business rules.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the detailed and prompt response, Laurent (except for the 'Hell Jack'...jus kidding, I know its a typo).

I've implemented exactly the same logic that you had mentioned for PO creation from sourcing cockpit.

Will this take care of splitting the Shopping cart if POs are to be created against a relevant contract?

And for direct PO creation, I have created a validation in Doc Check & save BADi s to give an error message if multiple funds are found. But, I'm not sure if the users would like it.

Is there a way that I could manipulate this process using the 'Create PO' function module or by any other means?

I'm weighing the effort that would be required for a custom work around solution.

Thanks again!!

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jack,

(...)

I've implemented exactly the same logic that you had mentioned for PO creation from sourcing cockpit.

Will this take care of splitting the Shopping cart if POs are to be created against a relevant contract?

(...)

fields AGREEMENT and AGMT_ITEM from Importing parameter ITEM_DATA should answer to your need.

Splitting criteria are defined in Class Interface CL_BBP_SC_TRANSFER:

- for local PO, in method SPLIT_PO_LOC_MAP_CRITERIA,

- for backend PO, in method SPLIT_PO_BE_MAP_CRITERIA.

(...)

And for direct PO creation, I have created a validation in Doc Check & save BADi s to give an error message if multiple funds are found. But, I'm not sure if the users would like it.

Is there a way that I could manipulate this process using the 'Create PO' function module or by any other means?

I'm weighing the effort that would be required for a custom work around solution.

(...)

Don't know: make your own tests.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help and inputs on this, Laurent.

Answers (0)