Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Org. Unit of Pur. Org in SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please clarify on the following :

Suppose i have 5 different vendors in EBP in different purchasing organisations.

01. Do I have to create those 5 purchasing organisations in SUS ? to have my EBP vendors in SUS

What is advantage / significance of creating only one purchasing organisation in SUS without assigning any value only by clicking the purchasing organisaction field under function tab ? Is it more equivalent to centralised purchasing organisation ? i.e. having one purchasing organisation without assignment to any company codes.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Purch Org in SUS is like a dummy Purch Org. Hence you need not create 5 different Purch Orgs. This is because the PO which comes from SRM (EBP-SUS) or MM (MM-SUS) contains all details (Com code, Purch Org) in XML format. Also there is no mapping done here

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nikhil,

Thanks for confirming my assumption. However, i would like to know the exact reason for keeping the dummy pur. org. at SUS side and also the impact if we are not keeping the same.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SAP assumes that SUS and ROS will be hosted on the same client. Hence this Purch Org on SUS/ROS side is mandatory as the Purchaser who carries out the preselection in SRM needs to be maintained under a Purch Org in SUS/ROS too.

Also if you navigate to SPRO settingsSUSMaster Data--You will see that the entry for Purch Org is mandatory. Hence you will need to maintain this irrespective of whether you use SUS or ROS.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Answers (0)