SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF: How do I triggering a generic BRFEvent outside of Dunning/Collections

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

I intend to trigger a BRF Event outside of Dunning/Collections.

For example:

- In an FI-CA Event (e.g. during creation of a Promise to Pay, or Security Deposit creation)

- In a custom batch program

I have only worked within the Collections application, and my ''Target'' Expressions have all related to Collection Steps, which map to Dunning Activities.

a) Presumably I have to create a new Application Class and create/assign a new Event to it.

b) Then I would have to define a Context and declare table/s to be accessed

c) If I did have ''Target'' Expressions, where would they be mapped to? For Collections, they map to Collections Steps/Dunning Activities

Nay feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ivor Martin

3 REPLIES 3

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

ivor:

Your target would be mapped based upon how and what you are using this custom BRF call. Since collections is looking for a collection step, that is the target. You would know what you are looking for as a result for your custom application.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

I presume creating an Application would require some ABAP work?

I was hoping to access IS-U tables (e.g. DFKKOP, EVER, and perhaps some Z custom tables) outside of the Dunning run.

Being a functional consultant, my intention was to proceed without ABAP.

Please let me know if this is feasible.

I was not able to find the related documentation - perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks and regards,

Ivor Martin

0 Kudos

Ivor::

No ABAP required.

I would consider BRF and itsw successor BRFPlus to be the most-well documented feature of SAP.

For documentation - check the [BRF forum|; and also the [elearning|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/rulesmanagement-elearning]

There are also books available on [SAP Press|http://www.sap-press.com/products/BRFplus-%E2%80%94-Business-Rule-Management-for-ABAP-Applications.html]

regards,

bill.