Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Issuing Many Materials From a Single Handling Unit

former_member773349
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have searched threads and asked various contacts how to do this but can't get anything beyond the basics of handling units that we have already implemented.

I am using handling units to pack outbound deliveries and have managed to get to the point where the packaging material is goods issued, however when the product is packed we use (for example)

- a box

- a label

- some sealing tape

- some ink etc

and I want to be able to goods issue all the items involved not just a single packing unit - does anyone know how to do this?

(I have looked at multi level packing e.g. put a product in a box and 10 boxes onto a pallet, but this would only goods issue the box and the pallet)

Thanks in advance!

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can u please come across with an example to support and simplify your query.

Regards,

Dhrubajit

former_member773349
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using packing instructions set up in POP1 and assigned to a customer via POF1 to pack a number of products into a box. The box (packing material) is inventory managed so when the delivery is created and a plant assigned to the handling units it creates an extra line on the delivery that can be post goods issued. We have auot packing set up on the delivery type I am using. This works fine.

My question is that the above set up only post goods issues one of the items used in packing my finished products (in this case a cardboard box), I am trying to find a way of goods issuing other packing materials at the same time such as packing placed with the product inside the box, the tape used to seal the box and the label that we will put on the side of the box.

I think that it would be possible to use a process order and complete the activity in PP and use a Bill Of Materials, however I want to see if I can take advantage of the automatic packing functions.

I hope that this makes sense.

Regards,

Simon.