cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find cost for activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am an ABAPper. I created an ALV report to show costs by period. I think this part of the report is correct. I joined tables COSS, COKA, CSKU, PRPS, PROJ. I found the cost by period in COSS. The report is sorted by the secondary cost element.

Now my user wants to "drill-down" on a period and for that period (and SCE) wants to see the detail (in dollars). I know that the individual activity is stored in AFRU, and I found a view which joins AFRU to COBK, COEP. I tried this, hoping I could get the detail, but the amounts don't match against the totals I see in COSS.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally the activities are linked to WBS Elements. So using the WBS OBJNR you can get the list of activities that are linked to it from AFVC. From AFVC you take the activity OBJNR and pass the same to COSS (if it is an internal activity) or COSP (if it is a general cost or external activity) to get the plan / actual costs. Both COSS & COSP has the periodic values. Hope this helps.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ho Sreekanth,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, this doesn't help.

I already have the period cost from COSS. I need to "drill-down' to the detail of the period. I know AFRU has the individual activity, but I need to get the extended cost (40 hrs * $15 = $600).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay, in COSS the cost you see in each period column is the toal cost (ie 600 from your example). Now in COSS at the there is a quantity field MEGxxx. These fiedls cotains the number of hours incurred for that period (like 40). You can use these to to arrive at your hourly rate.

One another thing is the MEGxxx field is a quantity field so you need to use it in conjunction with the unit of measure fields. Normally time entries are in Hrs, but it can vary (like work day, day etc).

Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth P S on Aug 26, 2011 10:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreekanth,

I made my example too simple. A period is a month, and we're getting weekly feeds from Kronos (tracks activity on the workfloor). Hourly people can get paid overtime. So, a better example would be:

Week 1: 40 hrs * $20 = $800

Week 2: 40 hrs * $20 = $800 + 10 hrs overtime * $30 = $300 - total for the week = $1100

Week 3: 40 hrs * $20 = $800 + 5 hrs overtime * $30 = $150 - total for the week = $950

Week 4: 40 hrs * $20 = $800

In COSS - it will show $3650 for the period. I need to be able to show the weekly activity ($800, $1100, $950 & $800).

I can see in AFRU that it keeps an individual record for each activity posted. Someplace, it must keep the amounts for each posting.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming hours from external system is used to confirm the activity in SAP and a different activity type is used to segregate the over time hours from regular hours. Based on this; AFRU stores actual hours and "Execution Start & Finish dates". This should help you get weekly hours in a month and with the help of Activity Type field you can differentiate regualr hours and overtime hours. In COSS you will have the total amount for a month and the total hours and there should be two lines for the same OBJNR (one for regualr hours and another for over time). This should help you identify the hourly rates. Once you have hourly rates and the weekly hours you should able to get weekly cost.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreekanth,

I load activity from the external system through a different program I wrote. I use the same activity type to set the rate for each record. In addition, my client wanted me to "blend" the rates, so that in my example of $800 of straight time and $400 of overtime, (assuming an hourly employee) I would divide $1200 by 40 hrs, to get a "blended" rate of $30. I would then set the activity rate to $3 and load the hours the employee worked. Because my client wants this, I cannot change the design. Besides, it was a 'fixed bid' installation of PS, and I don't have time to rewrite the programs.

I have limited understanding of PS (this is my first project with it), but it is my understanding that activity type only retains the current value. Is there a history of what was the type was set to (and when)? If so, then I could (re)calculate using that times the AFRU hours.

You have told me much more than the functional analyst I'm working with, so I awarded you partial points for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate your help.

Regards,