Did you mean: 

Sales Order Material Determination Cannot Change Quantity of the Sub-item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

Has anyone encountered this scenario?

1. Created a standard order with an item as material substitution

2. Created a pro-forma invoice referencing the sales order created

3. Went into VA02 to change the item quantity of the higher level item in the material substitution

Expectation is that once you change the quantity of the higher level item, the quantity of the sub-item should also reflect whatever is in the quantity of the higher level item.

Actual Result is that only the higher level item quantity is changed, the sub item quantity remained the same.

Is there any configuration or copy control that we can check regarding this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I doubt if we can do that via standard config..it has to be handled via user exit i.e. check based on item categories and check quantities are equal or not..if not, always make them equal.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, so basically it's a SAP standard behavior that if the sales order is referenced by a pro-forma invoice already and you change the quantity of the higher level item the quantity will not be copied to the sub-item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

Apologies! The qty of the sub item should change when you change it in VA02 even after proforma is created.

Could you pls check the item categories TAX and TAPS config i.e. the material entered should get item category TAX and the sub item should have TAPS or the item categories should have same configuration as TAX and TAPS.

Please check.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i'll check this and get back to you the soonest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

I checked and the item cat used was a custom one, but when i checked ZAX and compared to TAX and same with ZAPS-->TAPS there were no significant changes made. I'll check further if this is a custom issue. Thanks for your confirmation I think we can close this first since a workaround has been implemented already.