cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle exceptions in a scenario with out BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to handle exceptions in a scenario with out using BPM.

Example: I have a simple scenario of sending Idoc->XI->file, so in this scenario to handle exception in XI I am using BPM to trigger exception and then handle the exception in the exception branch.

so the question is, in the above example how can I handle exceptions with out using BPM.

I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What type of exceptions , you need to handle ?

If you want to handle exceptions in mapping etc, then you can trigger an alert witout using BPM.

For mapping exceptions~

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/02/23/raising-exceptions-in-sap-xi-mapping

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,, my situation is not related to mapping,

My situation is exceptions occur when :

1.idoc when pushed from R/3 is not receieved by XI.(failure in creatingor sending of idocs to XI should be handled)

2. when there is some kind of error in transmitting the file from XI to teh receiver.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KK,

.<i>idoc when pushed from R/3 is not receieved by XI.(failure in creatingor sending of idocs to XI should be handled)</i>

This will have to be handled in the R3 system. Xi's exception handling / alerting can be used only inside the scope of XI. If yoou want to handle any exception that can occur inside XI , then you can configure Alerts , Setup Alert Rules and the error occuring inside the Integration Engine and Adapter Engine of XI can be trapped.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

If there is an issue when the R3 system ( Function Module) is posting IDOC and is not able to post the IDOC to XI, then the error will be logged in SM58 - Transactional RFC and the Function Module should be customized to handle exceptions in the R3 system.

<i>when there is some kind of error in transmitting the file from XI to teh receiver.</i>

This will be logged in the FIle Adapter and so, Adapter Engine Alerts of XI will be triggered.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

<i>when there is some kind of error in transmitting the file from XI to teh receiver.</i>

<u>This will be logged in the FIle Adapter and so, Adapter Engine Alerts of XI will be triggered.</u>

So do I need to handle the adapter engine alerts?, if so how can I handle to raise an alert and notify by email/some messg

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KK,

Check the blog Alerts Step by Step ( posted in my previos reply)-- it has all steps needed to create Alerts.

You will define Alert Rules~~ top trap Adapter Engine Alerts ( Also shown in the Blog ).

When an error occurs, the Alert will be sent to the Alert Inbox of the user.

Now, to send an Email--

1. Alert inbox --> personalization --> time independent delivery --> EMAIL

2. Transaction -- SU01-- Assign the EMAIL id to the recipeient of the Alert.

3. Ensure SCOT is configured on XI.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

If you are on.

SP12 : There is no way for u to raise alerts (you can configure Alert Framework for raising alerts for message processing failures in Integration Engine, but you cannot raise alerts for message processing failures in adapter engine)

SP13 : You can configure CCMS to raise alerts for AE

Sp14 on wards : You have the option of specifying adapter alert rules.

Regards,

Abhy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Check this

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step alerts</a>

cheers

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers