cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CCE Primary Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to do SAP CCE Primary certification. Can you please let me know if CHaRM configuration is mandatory for the certification?

Also Wily Intrscope is mandatoy for certification. Do we need to configure SMD also?

What is difference between normal CTS+ and CTS+ for Solution manager?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

criterias / prerequisites to apply for the Customer COE primary certification are:

u2022 Customer is an SAP license holder (ideally managed by SolMan).

u2022 Customer has at least one SAP solution that has been in production for at least six months.

u2022 Customer operates an SAP solution that is currently in mainstream or extended maintenance.

u2022 SAP Solution Manager is installed and configured with any component such Syst.Mon/Administration, Testing, RCA, EWA, SLM, Documentation, Incident or Change Management and Reporting.

Either ChaRM, nor SMD nor Wily Introscope are mandatory for primary certification.

The certification CCoE process execution is almost the same then previous CCC (check list, remote audtit validation).

For more information please check details in SMP, http://www.service.sap.com/coe

Regarding CTS, the difference is the "domain controller" setup approach. One is being used as "standalone solution" and the other is being used in conjunction with Solution Manager. The general recommendation is to use the Sol Man system as central CTS domain controller and setup the corresponding scenarios. A reasonable alternative is to setup the CTS+ components in existing systems, which is the recommended way within a PI landscape and whenever the synchronization aspect of ABAP and non-ABAP transports is important. In case a Solution Manager system is not available, a separate system (with an ABAP and JAVA stack) that provides the CTS+ functionality can be used instead. Hope that I could cover your questions and make it usefull.

Please check out the attached "best practices" to implement and setup CTS+ properly.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bc...

Rgds,

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

I'm new and I don't have access to SAP Service MarketPlace, but I need information about the COE Certification.

I'm looking for a timeline to show me how long the process would take and what are the main events (milestones) leading to obtaining the certification.

Can you find it for me please?

It would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards