cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need details about SAP Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am very new to SAP E Sourcing , And I am a java developer.I need few things to start development/customization in the code.

1. What is the format of that project file ,is it like Jar/EAR/PAR/WAR ?

2. Where we can get the source code if we need to modify ,this means any default folder for sourcing project?

3. What tool we will use to modify the code ,like Eclise/NWDS/RAD? and what is the file extension is it .java or anything else?

4. What server sap is using to deploy the modified code? is WEB AS/ Weblogic/websphere/Tomcat?.

5. Is it integrated within the sap netwear portal or external application which runs on some webserver.

I will appreciate you if you spend time for me and answer the above questions please.

thanks

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Please find the below details:

1) This is a standalone ULR based application build on the SAP EP.

2) Source code can be written in the predifined location called 'Script definition' under SetUP. Deployment of the code will happen as soon you save it.

3) No tool is required for the coding.It's some sort of the beanshell scripting.

4) Inetgration with ECC is possible. It can be used as a SSO with EP.

I think forum can add to this and will help you in getting the things clear.

Thanks,

Ankur Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur

You told me that whenever we will save the code deployment will be done, but we need some editor to edit the beanshell I think right and that code need to deploy in some where in the server.

Have you ever involved in programming /coding part as part of this E-Sourcing?

Regards

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Like Ankur suggested SAP e Sourcing application use Java beanshell scripting for all custom functionalities / coding purpose.

Apart from that XPDL workflows are used to deploy complex approval workflow cycles for projects and contracts

Plz follow the below mentioned link to get E Sourcing scripting and workflow guide

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/support

As far as editor is concerned for XPDL workflows, you can go to setup-> workflow definition->Create-> actions-> Launch workflow editor. No specific editor is suggested by SAP for beanshell scripting though.You can search forum to see editor tools used for scripting by others.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Edited by: Mudit_UCB on Aug 29, 2011 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Can you please let me know "Script Definition" folder is under Setup is in GUI or OS level? I saw Query Definition under Setup but not Script Definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saini..its great stuff.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

You can find Script Defintion option on the UI under Setup -> Integration -> Script Definiton.

As adviced by Mudit, i would also suggest you to go through the Scripting guide before getting your hands dirty.

Good Luck!!

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Devesh.

I have started already but due to permissions I couldn't see that folder, and I have cross checked my self ,now I am able to see that folder but in that "No Results " message getting. still I am not able to see any code specific things in Script definitions folder as per Ankur posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

This means that there have been no scripts written by anybody in your system.

The 'Script Defintion' section contains only custom code creatd by users, and some other scripts that get created when SAP Sourcing is integrated to ECC/third party. If you were, by any chance, looking to modify the code behind the core functioning of the SAP Sourcing application itself then you should be informed that you will not be able to do it. As a developer, we are only allowed to create certain customizations, the details of which can be found under the training guide.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Devesh,

Still its a mistry from where I can start modifications/development in the SAP E-Sourcing , I didnt get any lead to start.

Please help us from where and how can we start development / modifications ,its first time, I have 3 tasks to do

1. Changes the in java scripts

2. changes in the workflows

3. implementing additional java classes.

All these 3 tasks under development, but unfortunately I am new to this, and no proper hand/work book in place.

Can you place that training guide in this link please, if any that helps technically and deployment wise.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas Reddy ,

Did you get the stuff for starting to implement the Scripting and workflow. Can you share to me. i have to start it from zero too.

Thanks

Thongies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go to following link to get scripting and workflow guide to give you a headstart:

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/support

Go to Release and Upgrade Info->Installation and Upgrade Guide-> SAP Business Suite Application->SAP Sourcing-> SAP Sourcing 7.0/ 5.1 and download scripting and workflow guide.

*You need to have a service account to access the doc

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit ,

That link is asking login credentials.

Our SAP credentials are not working on that link.

Please kindly suggest me.

Regards,

Kanthu.

Answers (0)