cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Host-The server does not have a DNS entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Solution manager - SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 , Successfuly, after installtion when i execute the SOLMAN_SETUP t-code for Post installtion , the browser is opening with the below Error ..

Unknown Host

-

Description: Unable to locate the server named "Hostaname.domain.com" --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again.

Please help me in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm facing the same error.i have maintained the entry in the host file.

please let me know how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Kittu

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

Could you please open a new discussion with detailed issue .

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to add the full host name including domain entry in ICM/host_name_full parameter and try agaim

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added the ICM/host_name_full to the value which i defined in hosts file .... hexlsvr001.dixons.co.uk

and i restarted the system , still same problem , i could see the value in rz11 alos this FQDN , but still i am getting the same error ,

Regards

Naga Raju

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said your system hostname entry is not maintained in the DNS. So, you need to make hostname entry against IP address in hosts file of the system on which you are running solman_setup t-code.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I made the entries already in hostfile My hostname is :HEXLSVR001 and IP 10.10.3.10 .still i am getting the same error ..

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

10.10.3.10 HEXLSVR001 hexlsvr001.dixons.co.uk

Ragards

Naga