Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Processing with Down payment request

oluwatosin_oladipo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I created a sales order for a material of 100,000. At the point of putting my billing plan, i put in a sum of 10,000 as down payment and when i want to put in the final invoice payment based on the date category, the system still calculates the total sum instead of the remaining balance. Please Is this suppose to be or not?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is the correct behaviour of the system: you have an item of 100; in the billing plan if you want to manage downpayment you will have, let's say two items:

10 for the downpayment

100 for the final invoice.

The system proposes the amount you defined for the downpayment and the total amount for the final invoice.

Then you will have to bill the downpayment invoice, release it into accounting and clear it. If you will do this steps correctly, when you create the final invoice the system will show you:

invoice amount 100

advance payment -10

net value = 90.

Hope to be useful..

Best regards,

Andrea

oluwatosin_oladipo
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay thanks, Will try it again.

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please, I don't understand a detail: are you working on the billing plan in the Sales Order, or your issue is during the invoice creation?

Best regards,

Andrea

oluwatosin_oladipo
Participant
0 Kudos

My issue is the billing plan in the sales order. The Closing invoice amount is suppose to be 90,000 not 100,000 because i already did a billing plan for down payment of 10,000. But the system automatically puts 100,000