cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Validity Date for Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any Idea how can we put and maintain Validity Dates for any Document uploaded in DMS Server.

Validity Dates here means (Documents cannot be used if validty is over)

I could not find any option in CV01* T-Codes.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasant,

You can also do this solution also if you find it OK.

1. Create a Class with "Validaty Date" as characteristics. Assign this Charac to class. Assign this class to doc Type. This charac should not be editable to any one except creator.

2. Create a program with BAPI " Set Status" ( Check the name). which will run in background to check the validity date of Document. If the validity date is reached the BAPI will change the status to "S" as stated by Chritoph.

This will help user to manually tracked which documents have exceded the validity date. You can also genegrate report and mail it to particular user that what documents have been set to Status "S".

Hope I have provided a valid solution as I have tried similar kind of functionality with changing a characteristics with Date.

With warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangnesh

Thanks for the infromation and help.

If possible, can you please provide some Examples of the same. Means example of coding part and configuration Part.

Regards

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashantroy,

Sorry !!

I dont any code. But you can definately do above mentioned developement. Its very simple.

Check with your ABAP team.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a created Class in CL02 and characteristics in CT04 (Input Date Type).

Assigned that Characteristics to Class and assigned that Class to new Document Type created in DC10.

I have uploaded one Document using that new Document Type (Tcode - CV01N).

But when using CV02N to edit that Document, "Classification" link is not enabled.

How to enable and use it.

Please advice.

Regards

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if you add the class as default class for the document type in transaction DC10 the link between document and class will be created automatically.

Otherwise you have to press the 'Classification' button in CV02N to reach the screen where a class can be added.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Ensure that you have maintained the Value for Class data as "+" or "." under DC10 for the document type.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek / Christoph

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

If I put '+' it prompts me for input but if I put '.' nothing is prompted and classification tabs is still disabled.

Further classification tab is disabled in Transaction CV02N (even if I put '+' in DC10)

Please advice further.

Regards

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from standard DMS point of view this can maybe achieved by maintaining a suitable status network in transaction DC10 for your document types. In this status network you can define a status of type 'S' (locked status) at the end. So this status has no following status and due to the type 'S' most of the fields in the document info record are locked and cannot be changed anymore.

Best regards,

Christoph