cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reconcile Inventory Report by Storage Location?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

How to reconcile data for inventory cube 0IC_C03 by storage location with SAP?

I dont know how the Keyfigures behaved in Inventory based on those movement types routines in transformation..

What does datasource 2lis_03_bf info provides to create report?

the sameway datasource 2lis_03_um ...wht info provides?

I dont know which key figure to use to check the stock balance as on the particular month say 08.2011 for Valuated Value of Stock

Pls give some inputs...I think inventory is an hectic report in BI..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KamalMehta
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try  MB5L Report.

Thanks

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The material reports can be reconciled on the total Quantity stock and total Stock value key figures with the SAP tcodes MB5B or MB51. The Qty and value KF in 0IC_C03 are non cumulative key figures. These non cumulative KF are based on Receipts and issue KF in cube. i.e. Qty stock is receipts - issue. Now based on movement types the records value are populated in either receipts or issues. Search the forum you would find loads of information for inventory management.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arvind,

Thanks a lot! But all those I checked in forum only the solution for Inventory LOADS or Extractors..

no forum talks about reconcile..as my report Monthly Stock value balance by storage location doesnt totally match with R3 Reports as per our Inventory logic Receipts- Issue.

I will try you transaction codes..and let you know the result

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Before reconciling you should know the concepts of the qty and stock in Inventory and basic inventory structure and movements, this is necessary in case if the data does not reconcile with the SAP data. In the forum you will be able to find load many of articles and threads discussing the inventory flow and data inconsistencies with SAP source.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind

So we need to put apply the Stock logic Receipt -Issue..then only we can calculate in Report.., right?

But in SAP report, they calculate stock value based on Qty times the MAP..

Do you think does BI and SAP calculation can tally? that's why got confused..how it works in BI..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the standard cube SAP has already taken care of all the calculation stuff, you need not do anything.

You just need to understand how it works, there will be 3 KF for each set (QTy and stock) two will be normal KF and the third will be non cumulative. The KF will be Receipt KF, Issue KF and non cumulative Total KF. In the total KF it will be mentioned that Receipt KF as inflow and Issue KF as outflow. so Total Qty will automatically be calculated in the cube. The Non cumulative KF will not be available in transformation or data display in Listcube, but it will be visible in cube & query designer and can be pulled in the query.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I know all those logics...

But my qn is ...in SAP the amount is retrieved by Qty * MAP..

Whereas in BI..based on Receipt- Issue..

so I am not sure whether this will really tally with the SAP because of different way of calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the value is calculated as Qtyunit price. The unit price value may change from time to time in the source, so these values are stored as transactional values in the SAP tables. The values KF in SAP and BW are transactional but these transactional values were calculated based on QTyunit price (at the time of the transaction).

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so will it tally or not??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are using the SAP provided KF for Qty and Value then it would tally, but if you are calculating value as Qty*MP then it may or may not tally based on the data accuracy for Material price.

regards.

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SAP KF only.

May I know which transaction code you check for VALUE by Storage Location for the respective month

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try MCBE.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inventory value by storage location is not possible in BW directly.

In the standard cube, sloc is not populated for value KFs for this reason and hence value at sloc has to be calculated much similar to the way it is calculated in your SAP report. ( Qty * Price ).

Since price varies everyday, you have to create snapshots of stock data and in this you can multiply stock qty at sloc level with price.

So, the answer to your questions is the value do not match. You have to replicate the R3 calculation in BW.

Thanks,

Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

In our system we retrieve the STOR LOC throu transformation routine... So we are using Customized ODS from BF data source.

1. Is it right to retrieve the data through routine??

2.I see the values are mismatching when I searched item by item.. Still need to dig why there is a difference for some item and some items are matching??

Will dig in some more to find the mismatch... As well may I know what is the pupose of using UM revaluation datasource-?

Thanks for your help!Waiting for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Sloc is part of datasource 2lis_03_bf. it is not required to derive it thro' routine. ( unless there is some business requirement which I am not able to understand ).

2) The Inventory valuation happens only at plant level.

So when you receive inventory into a plant and sloc, value and quanity posting happens.

But when you move your stock from one sloc into another sloc with in the same plant, then no value posting happens, only the quantity is posted.

That is why some line items might match and some do not.

There are more business scenarios than the one example mentioned above.

3) 2LIS_03_UM is used for inventory revaluations because of price changes or adjustments during invoice verification.

Thanks,

Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Answers to your list:

1) As you said, SLOC derived in routine becoz we need report based on SLOC.

2) This is understood. but unless it matches we can make use of the report

3) UM is loaded once in a day and BF is loaded every hourly..

As well I see in my system, that Values Received and issue mapped only from UM DS transformation and from BF only characteristics field retrieved.

And as well retrieve all other KF's calculated in transformation for BF Std Datasource..in START ROUTINE.

Also can you explain me about the SNAPSHOTS created for Inventory or give me some docs why we create Snapshots? We are using APD tool for snapshots. Is it right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishnan ,

i have a similar kind of problem ,where in ECC  clients are moving materials  from different storage locations to one storage location as they wanted to implement Warehouse management..But already in BW system we have delta loads going to this everyday from BF and UM extractor to 0ic_c03 cube.In this case how to handle the materials shifting to  storage locations in ECC,what would happen to  BW.What kind of data comes in to BW after running the program in ECC.please suggest as i am handling inventory cube since couple of days never worked on inventory.

Example (currently in ECC)

Plant Sloc Material qty

001     01     v0001     4

001     02     v0001     6

After running the program in ECC ,during downtime

Plant sloc Material Qty

001     01     vooo1     10

001     02     v0001     0

What happens to data in BW already.And in which form data is loaded to BW in deltas from same system after downtime.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer below thread might be helpful

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/B1/SAPBusinessOne...ToGo-3.TheBasicsofFinancial+Accounting]

Thanks,