cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Receiver RFC communication channel to call R3 RFC-FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement that I need to schedule/trigger from PI to RFC call R3 function module. Wonder if anyone here has done similar thing before? I tried to use ATP (Availability time planning) in RWB. But this seem does not success for me as there is no response and error message for this.

Below is my configuration detail:

Configured:

1. Receiver communication channel - RFC

2. Receiver agreement with the RFC message type assigned.

3. Scheduled receiver RFC communication channel via ATP daily

*(It is possible to make scheduling job in R/3 but we are not considering this way)

Please let me know if anyone has done this before or any other suggestion to do the scheduling from PI.

Thanks!

Regards,

SP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

For your requirment, ATP (Availability Time Planning) make sense to use it. Some times due to over load for the PI AFW Scheduler, it does not execute the jobs/tasks given it. There were few bugs also present in this AFW scheduler beacuse of that also it may not have executed your RFC receiver channel.

I suggest you to reconfigure the RFC channel at the ATP and provide the time at which you want to run it (try to modify this time and check the execution). Also, to get to know when RFC channel or any other channel was executed last time and what is the next time and date at which the channel/job going to execute, use following AFW Sceduler url and search with your channel name to find the info:

http://iginsap2:51100/AdapterFramework/scheduler/scheduler.jsp

and try to see the values(time and date) present in the following columns.

Last Executed Time and Next Execution Time

Thanks,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RK.

For your suggestion no. 1, can you please share more on this how does this work? Because I have never done any java adapter module. Maybe can you share 1 or 2 references here?

Regards,

SP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

Please go through following reference link on how ro create java adapter module.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0b39e65-981e-2b10-1c9c-fc3f8e674...

Since you need to connect to ABAP FM through Java code, you should use java connector (Jco) APIs provided SAP. Please use following help link to understand the SAP JCo APIs and it's function documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/70792c872c1b5ae10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Check out following sample java code with Jco APIs on to connect ABAP backend and execue the FMs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/70792c872c1b5ae10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

As you mentioned, ATP would allow adapter to be open and in start state. Adapter's RFC, SOAP, JMS would need some other application to trigger the message processing because these are not like pooling adapter's File, JDBC and Mail. RFC adapter channel always listening to the RFC port and FM execution. Once FM from R/3 executed then the RFC adapter would trigger it's message processing.

For Sender RFC channel: In order to trigger the RFC adapter execution at particular time then you should write a simple ABAP code which would act a batch application and which does the triggering the FM and Sender RFC channel.

For Receiver Channel: For Receiver RFC channel it's bit trichy because here you have force Receiver RFC adapter to connect backend the execute or initialize the variables without having any XI message triggered from Sender PI channel.

I have 2 ideas:

1. A little difficult approach, similar to the ABAPbatch code, you need to write a java adapter module which can trigger RFC receiver channel to connect and do an initialisation at FM at regular interval.

2. Simple approch configure a File-> 2-> RFC receiver scenario, configure File sender adapter to pick a dummy file at regular interval and RFC receiver channel does the rest.

Please let me know still you have any doubts,

Thanks,

RK

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we can schedule Rerceiver communictaion channels too, what is yoru source system?i would prefer to schedule sender adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source system is PI, target system will be R/3.

PI -> R/3

Can we schedule sender communication channel if to trigger R/3 RFC-FM?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exacky PI sending to R/3? Scheduling RFC Adapter shoud work =in your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to schedule a RFC trigger point from PI to R/3 to initial a proxy for data extraction. I tried to send empty RFC request to R/3 but is does not work. There is no error sign when I monitor it in RWB

The whole idea is:

1. Schedule RFC weekly to trigger RFC FM in R/3 from PI (PI->R3)

2. R/3 FM perform data extraction.

When u say scheduling adapter, what direction of adapter in specific? Sender or Receiver?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can select Sender or Receiver,but the interface should be end to end.

i siggest you to try to schedule background job weekly to run RFC,this is simple way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, we are able to schedule the availability for the Sender and Receiver RFC Adapter channel. But this does not mean it will trigger the RFC by itself if meet ATP schedule time. I found that, this ATP scheduler is more to availability of the RFC adapter channel is open and waiting for other to trigger. Not to sure how to configure it to trigger itself.

Any one has any idea to schedule to trigger?

Thanks!