cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment - Comittment

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a issue with the budget. When ever i have gone thorugh for debugg the issue, i came to know there was a down payment exist for the PO. Is it down payment effect the committment?

I have gone through the sdn search also. i got input to maintain a cost element in OKEP, then it will hit the comittment of PS. But how came to know whether this comittment is hit or not.

Regards

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all i don't think down payment will be treated as commitment and hence it won't affect the commitment. In your case, since you say down payment exists for the PO, i guess it was done using a financial transacation F-48. So, from what i understand, down payment is a financial payment and is not posted (or assigned) against any WBS/NWA. Morever down payment is done by the customer and it should actually affect revenues and not the costs. Hence no budget check will happen for this. In case you wish to see the down payment values in reports you can see them in standard reports available in PS by choosing the correct value type.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks for both of you, Yes the down payment is not hitting the Comittment. why because here the down payment include the PR. Since the PR hitting the comittment then Down Payment should not hit the comittment.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The configuration OKEP is used only if you want to see the down payment as "Operative expeses" and this is only for reporting purpose. You can go to CJI3 and in the initial screen > Extra> Select value type --> "Down payment as operative expeses" and then Execute the report. Here you can see the down payment as operative expeses. It will not contribute to Commitments in PS.

To see list of all project commitments, you can use CJI5 report. Also Go to CJ30 --> Extra --> Availability control --> Analysis to see list of transactions which are affecting the budget for a particular project.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri