cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebate scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In rebate scenario, before starting of year, quarter and month there is agreement between customer

and company that if he achieves his 100 % target(in inr) he will get extra discount 1% and if he achieve

110% he will get 2% and if he achieve above 110% he will get 3% extra discount on total gross sales

value (before tax). No extra discount will be allowed to customer if he achieve less than 100%.

I have configured rebate agrrement and created one agreement (type 0003 - customer rebate) and created

condition record (BO03) on scale basis. from 10000 INR - 1% from 20000 - 2% and 30000 - 3%) and accrual

rate 3%.

after posting of invoice accrual is generated 3% on gross value (before tax) of 10000 INR. and during

settlement (VBO2) I can change the amount for Credit memo amount.

But as per requirement customer will be only allowed for 3% discount if he achieves 30000 inr(i.e. gross

sale value must be 30000).

Plz give some input how to achieve this.

regards,

sp shukla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Shukla,

You have maintained your scales correctly. But you have maintained your accural value as the highest -3, instead try with minimum value -1. and then system when it finds the rebate value 30000 in scales it wil determine the correct accural value -3.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Raghu,

The scenario is like this, company is declaring schemes for monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yealy basis for all its branches.

for some branches some exclusive of customer and and in some places branch specific (branch = sales office).

Schemes are applicable in both sales quantity and in sales value (before tax).

Since its control is centrally, So as per management at branch level sales people can see the target scheme and besides rebate value (before tax) and accrued amount as per slab (100% - 1%, 110% 2% like this) achieved by the customer.

If customer sales value achieves as per slab, extra discount will be pay as per slab only and if not no discount will be payable.

Plz gives some input how it will mapped in SAP rebate agreement .

regards,

sp shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain diff rebate agreements which are valid per month, quarter or half-yearly etc..with the scales.

When you maintain your rebate cond record, you've to enter a default accrual which gets accrued per transaction..however at the end of the rebate agreement period..when you go to VBO2 and try to settle it system will show calculation as per the scales..so what you see now in the sales order is just the default accruals.

So just maintain like in ur 1st post and it'll work.

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

My problem started with VBO2, I will give doscount only if customer reaches as per the slab (scale intervals maintained in condition record) of target given by the company. i.e. if customer reaches any of the slab discount % will be aplpcable as per slab given before starting of the period.

In VBO2 item condition value and scale base values are showing same and at the time of settlement user can not decide on which slab discount will be pass on to the customer.Before settlement user should be aware about on what slab this customer will be paid and as per their requirement system should suggest and restrict the user to do not pay more amount of discount beyond his eligibility.Plz advice.

regards,

sp shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP Shukla,

Rebates is meant to work that way..how will the system know how much sales is going to happen with this customer. So it assumes a default accural during sales order/billing creation and later only during settlement your end user would be able to see what's the actual sales and how much is the accured amount..

please set up one Rebate agreement in your test ssytem and you would understand how it works.

Also, refer to this very useful document:

[http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf]

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I understood, you'll have to setup rebate agreement with scales like you mentioned..

i.e 10000 INR is 1%

20000 INR is 2%

30000 INR is 3%.

And a default accrual of 3%.. later at the end of yr or settlement period..when you're trying to settle system would show you the accrued amount and also system recommended amount as per the scales you've maintained-->you've to take that as reference and settle it. Or to avoid confusion maintain the default accrual as 2%.

Regards,

Raghu.