cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Office Control Xstring on Text Edit UI Web Dynpro Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Office Control UI element in the Web Dynpro ABAP Application that I am developing to take input from user using Office Word File uploaded using File Upload UI element. Both the Office Control and File Upload UI are bound to the same context attribute of type XSTRING.

Now I want to read this data from the Office Control i.e. Xstring data to display on Text Edit UI element on the screen i.e in a readable format or text format.

I have tried converting the Xstring to String, and Xstring to Binary and Binary to Text, using FM specified in SDN forums. But I am not getting the data in readable format.

Please let me know how could I get the data on the Office Control which is in Xstring to the Text Edit in a text format or readable format.

Thank you,

Manoj Nachimuthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The TextEdit control is designed for plain text. Office documents are NOT plain text. Depending upon the version of office you are using, they are either XML based (in newer versions) or Microsoft propriatery binary format. You might convert from XSTRING to STRING, but that won't make the content readable. They are just completely different formats. If you have an office document, you should stick to displaying or editing it int he Office control or sending the file to the frontend to be opened in the Office tools themselves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas.

I am developing a web dynpro application with functionality similar to tcode QM02. I am actually taking longtext input from the user through the Office Control. Using the Office Control as a Text Editor.

I will have to pass the input taken from user to FM BAPI_QUALNOT_CREATE, which takes the longtext input in table format, for creating a QM notification.

I need a Text Editor for the user to be able to upload in the editor. Can you suggest a solution ?

Thanks,

Manoj Nachimuthu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I need a Text Editor for the user to be able to upload in the editor. Can you suggest a solution ?

Yes. use the TextEdit UI element or the FormattedTextEdit. Those are the only two that would be compatible with the SAPScript format of this transaction. The Office Control will produce an output which is not compatible and would be rather difficult to convert to SAPScript.

Answers (0)