Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade CRM 7 EHP1

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are planning a CRM upgrade from 5.0 to 7.0 EHP1 ABAP+JAVA. I'm reading documentation but...I don't understand well.

Does SAPup run SAPjup (for java) automaticaly? ... or must I run SAPup (for ABAP) until downtime and then run SAPJup (for java)?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You dont need to worry about how and when SAPup will run.

Basically just start SAP ehpi and show the tool what needs to be upgraded.

Sit back and let the tool do its job.

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just read JAVA docu...

For a synchronized upgrade of a dual-stack system, you can only use the preconfiguration modes standard resource use or high resource use for the ABAP part.

Si I must use only standard resource or high resource in SAPup to upgrade my ABAP+JAVA CRM?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use standard resource mode if you are not sure of h/w capacity.

Many time is server is not able to handle the load ehpi hangs.

Also make sure you meet the h/w requirements for the upgrade. refer to the master and planning guides

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to run SAPup... its detect that it is a ABAP+JAVA istance... now is in "Configuration" but only with ABAP tab

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Now it runs in "Checks" but there is only ABAP tab.... mybe it will appare in netx phase, it is true?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No should show from the beginning itself.

We too had faced this issue.

You are missing something. Did you created the xml file properly ?

Other option is to complete the ABAP upgrade with ehpi and later complete JAVA Part with JSPM.

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>No should show from the beginning itself.

>We too had faced this issue.

... and how do you solved it?

>You are missing something. Did you created the xml file properly ?

I hope...

>Other option is to complete the ABAP upgrade with ehpi and later complete JAVA Part with JSPM.

Is it supported by SAP? How... after SAPup with ABAP upgrades ends I start JSPM manualy? ... or start SAPJup ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download latest ehpi

Download path: Browse our Download Catalog--> Additional Components --> Upgrade tools --> SAP EHPI Installer --> SAP EHP Installer 7.00.

Refer Note note 1302772 .

There is a separate command to run ephi server when you want to upgrade both java and apab.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

And yes you can complete the ABAP Part of upgrade without the java.

Now do the JAVA upgrade with JSPM just like normal JAVA support pack

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

>Download latest ehpi

>Download path: Browse our Download Catalog--> Additional Components --> Upgrade tools --> SAP EHPI Installer --> >SAP EHP Installer 7.00.

But mine it's a 6.00 as suource release the target is 7.0 EHP1

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me see if I understood... You currently run a CRM based on ECC 5.0 ABAP only right?... the certainly you need to use SAPup and not EHPI, SAPup will take care of the enhancement packages too.

If what I mentioned above is correct then you should aim for a strait ABAP Upgrade if you want a JAVA system you can install a standalone engine when the upgrade is completed.

Regards

Juan

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

>Let me see if I understood... You currently run a CRM based on ECC 5.0 ABAP only right?... the certainly you need to use >SAPup and not EHPI, SAPup will take care of the enhancement packages too.

>

>If what I mentioned above is correct then you should aim for a strait ABAP Upgrade if you want a JAVA system you can >install a standalone engine when the upgrade is completed.

>

>Regards

>Juan

NO, it is a CRM 6.0 ABAPJAVA, we would upgrade it to CRM 7.0 EHP1, SAPup starts but run only ABAP part of upgrade without JAVA part. At begin SAPup detect that is a ABAPJAVA and infor me that ABAP and JAVA upgrade should be syncronized.

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Synchronized Upgrade of Dual-Stack Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0

The upgrade of these systems requires to use the SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi) for the Java part and SAPup for the ABAP part. The following procedure explains how to perform a synchronized upgrade with these two tools.

For more information about the SAP Enhancement Package Installer, see the document Installation Guide u2014 SAP Enhancement Package Installation Using SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi), which you can find at:http://service.sap.com/crm-instSAP enhancement package 1 for SAP CRM 7.0Enhancement Package Installation on Existing SAP Systems SAP Enhancement Package Installation on Java Systems (using SAP Enhancement Package Installer) <Operating System> <Database>

3 Planning

3.14 Synchronized Upgrade of Dual-Stack SAP Systems

2010-12-16 PUBLIC 59/160

Start SAPup as usual using the STARTUP script.

Wait until the Configuration roadmap step of the ABAP server upgrade is completed.

Download the latest SAPehpi from SAP Service Marketplace and unpack it.

Start SAPehpi with the following command:<DRIVE>:\EHPI\STARTUP.BAT dsupg_base70

Run both upgrades in parallel.

The ABAP upgrade uses the standard http server with the port number 4239 (http://<host name>name>:4239). The Java upgrade use the http server with the port number 7239 (http://<host name>name>:7239.3.15Importing

I try now... mhmmm I hope that help me.

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I completely missed that upgrade is from 5 to 7.

In that case you will surely run SAPup .

I have not done this before, but check if there is different command to run SAPup server to include the JAVA stack in the upgrade.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I try to run SAPup... its detect that it is a ABAP+JAVA istance... now is in "Configuration" but only with ABAP tab

Well, you can reset SAPUp ans start again. you just need to clear the put directory

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

former_member192334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede

You finished well your upgrade following those steps??

We are going to do the same... and I would like to know your results.

Thanks and regards

Javier

former_member192334
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ganimede

Any feedback, please?

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAPup will take care of both.

SAPjup will come in picture if your Java part of CRM system is different system i.e. CRM is not dual stack and ABAP & Java part are separate system.

Thanks

Sunny