cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not allowing block or delete of Customer record via tcode VD02/XD02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to check on the process of NOT allowing block or delete of a customer record thru tcode VD02/XD02. From a business point, we would like to only use VD05/XD05 to block a customer record and VD06 to mark for deletion. This will allow users to create/change the record using VD02/XD02 and different set of users to have control block/delete.

Any inputs are appreciated. Thanks.

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In V_KNA1_VKO authorization object there are activities Delete and Lock. It's easy to confirm what authorizations are used and how using authorization trace in ST01.

In case this cannot be controlled by authorization, another option is to create a variant transaction and use it instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to discuss this with your Basis team and check if there is any authorization object for that particular functionality in the Transaction.

As far as i know i dont think it is possible, you can only restrict the users from using particular transactions but not from using a particular functinality in a transaction.

The best option is to assign alll the Master Data related responsibility to a limited and resposible group of users or discuss with your technical team if they can do some restricting.