Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing billing between billing period and end of accounting period

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The scenario is as follows.

The client wants to prevent creating invoices between the end of billing period and end of accounting period. For example, the last date to create invoices is the 29th of a month but the Accounting period will be open till the 31st of that month. How do i ensure that no billing document is created on the 30th and 31st of that month? They only want to be able to create invoices from the beginning of the next accounting period which will be the 1st of a month.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define a calendar with those non-billing days for every month as holidays and assign this in customer master, sales area view billing tab..invoice dates field.

This will work with VF04 automatic billing but might not with manual VF01.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

RS.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do some kind of validation during the creation of the billing documents, for example, when cancelling a billing document, we validate the accounting period of the billiing document. This prevent of billing document creation if the period is already closed. We use this solution also for making sure that the good issue date is in the same period of the billing date.

So I think this solution can be used for your case. it is a combination of the Copy Control (billing to billing, or delivery to billing) and a little bit of ABAP programming to code whatever the rules you want to impose.

I hope this help, and let me know if you need additional info on this.

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Firstly, Thank you everybody.

1. rags- your suggestion would have worked, but my scenario involved using it for VF01 manually also.

2. Sudhir- I could not find the specified billing schedule as per your mentioned path for some reason

3.Lakshmipathi- Here this was related to order related billing for service materials. Thanks for your input though am sure that would have worked if there was delivery involved.

4. Phillip-Validation is what we decided upon, this seems to be the best solution as it will work with both program and manual invoice creation.

Thanks

Ravin07

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with the suggestion already given but at the same time, you also have take into consideration the inventory posting which should also be prevented similarly.

That is, if any delivery is PGId, on or before 29th of every month, the same day, it should be billed, as otherwise, it has to be reversed and recreate in the subsequent month.

For this, you need to go for billing exit where you have to validate the field WADAT_IST from LIKP with System date

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to Sales and distribution, master data, business partners, biling document, billing schedule and maintain the non billing date in Holiday list

regards,

Sudhir

Edited by: Sudhir Nair(India) on Aug 26, 2011 3:35 PM