Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF toolbar into SAP GUI 7.10

carlos_castrilln
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a user that recently have updated is SAP GUI for Windows from 6.40 to 7.10

Before this upgrade he could open from SAP Client invoices in PDF format and in the launbched embeded pdf viewer he has some aditional toolbar with buttons that allow him to modify that document. He has installed Adobe Acrobat 9 pro that may allow him to creaste and modify pdf documents.

This aditional toolbar have disappear after SAP GUI for Windows upgrade.

He can save the document from embeded pdf viewer and reopen it with Acrobat 9 pro and then he can see that missing toolbar options.

Does anyone know why now he can't modify, because he has not that aditional toolbar buttons, generated pdf documents from SAP GUI for Windows 7.10?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Castrilló

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

carlos_castrilln
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently I've read in SAP GUI 7.10 for Windows installation guide this:

"Adobe Forms Design Tool

This tool is no longer part of the standard SAP GUI installation but you can import as an additional product into an existing SAP GUI installation server. You can find the latest version of this product on the SAP NetWeaver Presentation DVD, which is available with the current version of the SAP GUI DVD, in folder ADOBE_LC_D71. More information: SAP Note 801524."

After reading this I think that perhaps we need to install: Adobe LiveCycle Designer in our client machine in order to solve the problem: Embeded PDF Toolbar has loose some options that allow it to be modified.

But there is another question that I have: It is necessary Acrobat 9 Pro in the client installation too?

Thanks in Advance,

Carlos Castrilló

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is necessary Acrobat 9 Pro in the client installation too?

No, you don't have to have Acrobat 9 Pro. As a matter of fact, I only have Reader 10.0 installed in addition to LCD 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

is he sure those toolbars aren't just hidden? what operations is he missing from the SAP embedded viewer now that he's upgraded to SAP GUI 710?