cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic/Static parameter in Crystal Reporting 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am very new to crystal Reporting and Business Object.

I am building a report in Crystal Report 2008 having universe as my database fields(requried columns are pulled from a Universe), when i want to add prompts to the report with the help of Parameter, i was not able to browse the data for the column for which i want to build a Prompt.

What i assume, in order to build prompts (static/cascading prompts) do i need to create a Business view layer as i am using universe to get LOV and use them in the parameter ???

same when i try to create a report with the help of direct database Connection, i was able to create a Dynamic/Static Prompt in my Report.

Appreciate your help... Kidnly Clear my confusion on the same...

thanks,

nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I think the column on which you want to create a parameter is not selected into the report query because of that you are not able to view that column while creating parameter.

Edit the report query and add the column which you want to use it as parameter LOV and then create the parameter by using that.

2nd option is to create conditional object in the universe level and drag that in the report query. This option will be more efficient compare to option1 because you are applying the filter in the DB level instead of report level

Answers (0)