SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSM-FM-Reversal of funds management document after change in acc.assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day we recently went live with a component of Funds Management i.e. Availability Control on Cost centers and cost elements. We update BCS with the plan values and actual/commitment items in Finance/CO. We do our planning in CO.

The solution is working reasonably well but we have encountered a problem for which we are unable to find a solution. The problem is best illustrated with an example;

1. Create purchase requisition with Account Assignment Category "K" = Cost Center with transaction ME51N

2. Account assignment = cost center and cost element. A funds management document is created upon saving of the transaction.

3. Purchase Req. is released with a release strategy (transaction ME54N)

4. After purchase requisition release the account assignment for the cost element is changed by the user. This occurs sometimes during the execution of the business process.

5. When a purchase order is created with reference to this purchase requisition with transaction ME59N the system references the original funds management document which means when the account assignment was changed the funds management document was not reversed and a new funds management document created for the changed account assignment.

6. The BUDCON report transaction FMRP_RW_BUDCON thus displays the commitment under the incorrect commitment item as the change in account assignment is not reflected in Funds Management. We have a one to one relationship between cost elements/commitment items and cost centers/funds centers as per the derivation strategy.

My question is;

Is this normal standard SAP standard behavior or are we missing some configuration that will enable the creation of a new funds management document and if so where do we configure such? I must mention our solution is completely SAP standard.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Mike Olwagen

Manager SAP Solution Support

City Power (JHB) (Pty) Ltd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, nice to meet you.

I think u should do an entire test with TRACE on, and u will find the problem, and how to fix it (at FMDERIVE of course).

First: Have a look at note [666322|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/666322], go to FMDERIVE and turn ON the trace.

Then, run all the process ... from ME51N to the end...

I agree with Eli, u must allow overwriting of existing values at FMDERIVE rule...

Regards,

Osvaldo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such a thing as reversal of FM document. However, in the phase, where change of account assignment is still allowed in the original document, e.g. PR, FM document has to be updated as well. You have to check that changing account assignment in the PR activates again the derivation strategy you have defined in FMDERIVE and that the rules allow overwriting of existing values.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you much obliged Eli, problem solved. In certain of my derivation steps the target fields to commitment item was set as Do Not Overwrite when already filled. I changed it to Overwrite with new value and it worked.

Regards

Mike Olwagen

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike, nice to meet you.

I think u should do an entire test with TRACE on, and u will find the problem, and how to fix it (at FMDERIVE of course).

First: Have a look at note [666322|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/666322], go to FMDERIVE and turn ON the trace.

Then, run all the process ... from ME51N to the end...

I agree with Eli, u must allow overwriting of existing values at FMDERIVE rule...

Regards,

Osvaldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you much obliged Osvaldo, problem solved. In certain of my derivation steps the target fields to commitment item was set as Do Not Overwrite when already filled. I changed it to Overwrite with new value and it worked.

Regards

Mike Olwagen