cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Financial Planning/How to calculate planned labor costs based on rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am been wrestling with this one for a long time. I have set up the rates in PPM Project Mgmt and the system is able to find the right org unit, rate etc. and calculate the planned labor cost. I can get the hours from the project roles to the capacity planning in the portfolio but I cannot get PPM to calculate the planned labor cost.

I have set up the mapping of financial view/cat/groups to capacity view/cat/groups and set the type of amount=cost.

I also tried out the role function mapping but cannot understand why that is necessary to calculate the planned labour cost.

Any tips?

I have read the help many times for topic: Planning of Labor Costs

and have read the IMG text over and over for BAse System Interface > Define Financial Planning Settings

Thanks,

Paul Sheehan - Grundfos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed it. I entered the org unit in the project and expected /RPM/CAP_PLAN_INT and /RPM/FIN_PLAN_INT to pick up the rate but it did not. Now I entered a rate for org unit 0 and it is working. This means that all org units have to have the same rate.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IMG "Map Fin/Cap Entities to Project Management Rate":

Have mapped a financial view of integration process to capacity view?

Did you maintained the rate in mapping?

If you have done above to correctly then it must work.

Regards,

Alok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained only one node or all the nodes in Define finanacial planning settings for Planned cost.

i suppose you have defined views correctly with item process as integration.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prarnod,

I have done the first node only for actuals that come from the integration to the internal order.

I have tried setting up 2 and 3 even though the 3rd one does not make any sense to me

Thanks,

Paul