cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW to APO Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm very inexperienced with regards to SCM APO DP. Could anyone please help with one question I have?

We require multilpe Key Figures in the APO planning area that will be sourced from BW. These are basically, total order quantity, delivered order quantity and open order quantity.

My initial plans are to have three seperate feeds into APO into three seperate InfoCubes in the APO BW. Would this still be okay from the planning perpective to load the data from 3 cubes into the planning area? Our consultants did advise that it should be one cube but this could cause maintenance issues if we have to delete and reload the delivered quantity which will be used to generate the CVC.

If the above is not an option then could I add a characteristic to the APO BW upload cube that would identify the source of the data (by using a constant in the transformation rules) and not load this characteristic into the planning area? Again, our consultants advised that only the CVC characteristics should be populated in the APO BW upload cube

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with your consultants that you only need 1 cube. If you need to delete the key figure data, you can delete it from the planning area using a macro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not about the need but what I wish to do from a BW perspective, ie I want to provide three feeds into three cubes, the question is can APO deal with the data in this format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

I must assume that you want to preside over a painful and complex implementation, and that you also wish to fill your time with unnecessary work.

Yes, SCM BW can accept three different feeds, into 3 different cubes.

Yes, APO Planning area can be linked to get data from 3 different cubes.

You might want to consider dismissing your consultants, since you don't want to listen to them, even when they are right.

Good luck & Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49

On the contrary, this is not about not listening to our consultants, but finding the best solution for all. Our consultant is an expert in APO but has no real knowledge about the APO BW aspect, hence, why I am trying to glean some other opinions.

At the moment there is an expectation that some of the CVC values that are derived from material or customer master may be created erroneously and thus will result in a reload of the data. This will not be relevant for all the key figures but just one, the delivered quantity, which is why I wished to have three different cubes. Since, this would reduce the maintenance time as only one cube would have to be reloaded.

Thanks for the input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

I will defer to your greater detailed knowledge of the business requirements. For me, I would be extremely skeptical that in the long run that it would be the 'best' solution (cost-to-benefit) to use this 3-cube proposal.

In companies I have worked with, if I were to tell them I intended to design a more complex solution specifically to accommodate master data errors, the project executives would have handed me my termination notice on the spot. I guess your company is more...relaxed...about this issue.

Anyhow, good luck on your project.

Best Regards,

DB49