cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during connect to the instance Content Server MAXDB-XSERVER Receive

Former Member
0 Kudos

We rebooted this mornning a PROD Instance with SAPDB!

Second Instance is a Content Server. Now, we got an error during connect via

DBM Gui to Maxdb 7.6.06.04

2011-08-19 10:06:32 577 ERR 11926 XSERVER Receive packet, Ref:8 - socket recv error (110:Connection timed out

Environment variable : 1. Insctance PROD

2. Instance Prod Content Server

We couldnt connect to the database Instnce via DBMgui and also DB50 all collected data are visible, but its possible to start

DBACOCKPIT, analyse DB analyser : Message

Info Size of data cache 260306 pages, 99.98% in use, size of converter cache 1762 pages

Its seems so regarding to the Info of DB Analyser: Instance CSP (sap1) is up since 2011-06-10 12:20:10 that the Content server

didnt recognize that there was a boot this morning!!

In DBACOCKPIT it seems to be o.k. ! We could not boot the PROD Host asap again, because of the maintenance time window!

Where we could check more featur. of the content server. The processes seems to be o.k.!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'M not sure I understand your question.

You say that the database is running and you can't connect using DBMGUI?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes right! Its funny!

Near the same problem occurs on our backup content server MAXDB!

The backup runs during this situation a expanded longer time as normal. I get in DBM Gui today always the error code -4 socket recieve error, the Icon goes green, but there isnt any possibility to analyse the check area -> Diagnosis Files, to improof the status via gui! Via tc DBACOCKPIT i could connect to the instance and get some data! For example, If i try to stop the DB analsyser, its not possible.

When i want to check there the kernel messages, its possible to see the messages.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Near the same problem occurs on our backup content server MAXDB!

> The backup runs during this situation a expanded longer time as normal. I get in DBM Gui today always the error code -4 socket recieve error, the Icon goes green, but there isnt any possibility to analyse the check area -> Diagnosis Files, to improof the status via gui! Via tc DBACOCKPIT i could connect to the instance and get some data! For example, If i try to stop the DB analsyser, its not possible.

I would stop the full gui and also end all dbm*.exe processes in the task manager and start it new.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it yesterday, today the same error! Let the DBMgui run as long it can, during several minutes, a lot, the connect

is possible! We talk about 30 Minutes! Strange! At the moment ,its not possible to start the Productive Host

again, where the Content Server resides! Mmmmh, maybe the DBMgui execute my command to drive down, in Admin Mode or

Offline, didnt know exactly!!! At the moment i execute a diagnosis Files Update:-) run time 20 minutes!!!

Edited by: ralf thomas wahlen on Aug 26, 2011 1:25 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have run out of available connections.

Check dbmsrv_<hostname>.prt in the work directory of the database server.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today, i got SAP Gui 7.20 issues. Now it runs half correct! The diagnosis file needs near 30 minutes to refresh and i checked the

dbm* file! Nothing to be correct! ???? Backup runs near 30 Min.

Monday next investigation!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today, complete reboot from the server Host incl. Databases and now all connections are possible

with fast response from the DBMGui!