cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process controlled workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing process controlled workflow for one of our client, the requirement is to check the total value of the shopping cart and trigger N step approval.

In the org structure for users u2013 a u201CJu201D attribute will be maintained and the u201CJu201D attribute will have a dollar value and dollar value for the J attribute will be stored in ZTable.

The logic is to fetch the J attribute from the org structure for the requestor and if the total value of the shopping cart is greater than J attribute dollar value u2013 workflow should be triggered to next available J attribute approver.

Please I request you to provide me if you have a how to document for this process.

Thanks,

Madhu M V

Edited by: Madhusudhan ABAP on Aug 25, 2011 1:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhusudhan!

Best option is to create a z-table and put the threshold limits and query with function module. It will solve all your purpose. We have done similarly for one of our client. we achieved it through BRF and customer tables and enhancement badi's

Regards,

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavankumar,

Thanks a lot for your reply, Can you please let me know steps, so that i can re-create this scenario. If possible can you send me the code which you have implemented.

Thanks for your support.

Madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any reason why you are trying to implement the custom attribute to maintain the approval limit ? SAP delivered three options where you can maintain approval limit, SU01 , PFCG and Extended Attribute in ppoma_bbp. if you choose any one of these three , you dont need to implement custom logic, you can implement BCSET which will take care of all your configuration.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

We will not be able to use SU01 , PFCG and Extended Attribute in ppoma_bbp, because we have the dollar or the approve limit reference stored in a Z attribute in org structure. and the approve limit reference will be having a dollar limit stored in Ztable and the Z attribute in org structure will be updated through HR from backend ECC system

Thanks,

Madhu

Edited by: Madhusudhan ABAP on Oct 25, 2011 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mashusudhan,

Do you have config ready for basic workflow customizing (SWU3) and BRF schema to use (tcode: /sapsrm/wf_process)?

if you know on beforehand how many steps ur worfklow will have, you can define them using tcode: /sapsrm/wf_process and enable / disable steps at runtime using BRF expression.

However if you are not sure about number of approval steps that will be required and has to be determined dynamically, then implement the badi: /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG, method: CREATE_PROCESS_LEVEL_CONFIG.

Let me know your issue further so that I can help you.

Thanks

Amit Jain