cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3 - Single Sign On fu00FCr end user request screen?

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to achieve Single Sign On in a windows environment using the corporate Active Directory for the END USER REQUEST SCREEN in CUP 5.3?

I am aware of the document "Single Sign-On with SAP BusinessObjects Access Control 5.3" by the SAP GRC RIG (Harleen Kaur) so I know how to achieve Single Sign On for the CUP application itself.

I am also aware of the option to deactivate "end user verification required" in the authentication source definition in CUP.

What our end users are asking for is true single sign on. They would like to enter a request WITHOUT providing network user ID and/or password manually.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you configure SSO following the mentioned documents, it will/should not prompt to enter username and password.

Are you experiencing any error?

You may refer Note SAP notes 718383, and 1252589 further. I infer you are missing some steps such as Redirect APP etc.,

Regards,

Raghu

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks a lot!

We have not yet configured SSO but are in the phase of analyzing our options.

I understood that SSO is only possible for the server:port//AE/index_apr.jsp page in CUP.

What about the end user request screen (server:port/AE)? Will this work with Windows-SSO using SPNEGO? Would I set the authentication source to LDAP or to UME (UME has multiple LDAP as user data source)?

Many thanks and best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

The SAP notes that I've provided should answer all your questions Please go thru them and yes, it works as you require.

Regards,

Raghu

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks! I checked the SAP notes, they didn't specifically mention the request screen authentication, that's why I wasn't sure.

Answers (0)