cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Not triggered in Availability Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I was configuring Availability monitoring with My Solman (CEN) and one of my satellite system. I have configured CCMSPING and added ssytems in RZ21. I am able to see the status of the systems in CEN systems RZ20. Whenever I am bringing down the Satellite system, in CEN, the status of the availability node turn red and the availability percentage decreases and comed to 0%. Once i bring up the system, it will again turn back to green. So Ibelieve upto this point, my configuration is correct.

I have assigned the threshold value 80% for Green to Yellow and 70% for Yellow to Red and the alert will be triggered once it falls down the threshold value. The MTE Class for this monitoring is Availability_SysPercent_ABAP. And in the auto reaction method, I had given CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 for which I have configured the mailing address and other details. as per my understanding, once the system falls down the threshold value, a mail should be triggered to the mailing address mentioned on the autoreaction method. But,my problem is, this is not happening.

Scot is configured properly and it is triggering mails for some other events in the Alert monitoring (RZ21). for testing, i have done a test mail from the system and confrmed SMTP is configured properly.

Do anybody can give some inputs on this and help me?

Thanks in Advance.

Warm Regards,

Renju Aravind.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto RZ20 > ccms monitor templates > or select ur node > Open alert > display alert

R u able to see the alerts?

if yes then Goto Extras > Activate Maintenaance function, then go to Edit > Nodes > Start Methods >Start auto reaction Method

Now go to sost check whether mail came or not..

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let us know in the autoreaction method which option is selected in tab Control/Execute method?

Is it in dialog process or in background process?

Also check when the alert is generated in RZ20 the status of autoreaction method (run required/checked..)

Br,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virginia,

Thanks a lot for your prompt support,

In the Autoreaction Method > Control > Execute Method, I have selected "Only in central System, Triggered by CCMS Agents".

Could you please let me know how to check the status of Auto reaction Method?

Thanks once again for your Help

Regards,

Renju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me this, have you configured central auto reaction ? or by local..

if you did by local, please do it as central auto reaction, i hope below help.sap can help you.[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jansi,

I have configured Central auto reaction... but still Im not getting the mails.

Pls Help

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virginia,

I could find the status of the Auto Reaction Method as 'Run Required'. I have gone through a note "Note 1265906 - CCMS Central Autoreactions Job: Concurrency Check". In my system, I found the job RSAL_CENSYS_TOOL_DISPATCHING is not running and still in the waiting status.

Kindly advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your monitored system have you SAPCCM4X agent running and connected to Solution Manager? Please check this out.

Br,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi virginia,

Yes.. SAPCCM4X is running in the satellite system which is registered with the Central system.

Regards,

Renju

Former Member
0 Kudos

And job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER is running? Ensure that if runs in the client from which the mails are to be sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER is running in the client frm wich mails are to be sent

Former Member
0 Kudos

As all seems correct and status of method is Run required, Try to start the autoreaction method manually to check if it is able to create the mail and check that method is correct. You could do this from RZ20, using "Status Autoreaction View" by double clicking the MTE.

After doing this check in SOST if mail has been generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your continuous support. I have tried to start the Auto reaction manually frm RZ20 but still No luck. The mails are not generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as yours. No mail generated while alert is visible in RZ20 for the availability ...

Auto-reaction runs well when I do the test in Edit > Nodes > Start Methods > Start Auto-reaction Method. In this case, mail is generated but not when the alert occurs.

Did you find the solution ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

I have resolved the issue by correcting two points.

1. The sender user name mentioned in the auto reaction should be in ALL CAPS. mentioning the name in small case or mixed case may lead to this issue.

2. For other alerts and auto reaction methods, the mail will be generated in the client centrally; which means in the same client as you configure the alerts (eg: 100 / 200 / 400). But in the case of Availability monitoring, you have to configure the Scot settings in the 000 client to generate these kind of mails. The mails for availability monitoring will not be triggered even if you have configured all the mail settings in the active client. the configurations should be don in the 000 client.

Hope the above points will solve your issue.

Note: This suggestions are made on the assumption that, emails are getting triggered for you in other CCMS monitoring alerts for the defined Central Auto Reaction Methods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Renju,

But in the case of Availability monitoring, you have to configure the Scot settings in the 000 client to generate these kind of mails.

and only this point really solved your problem? I can't believe that it will start your central autoreaction...

First and most important rule for Availability monitoring: the information of this monitor exists locally in the CEN!

You can see this also by displaying the properties of any MTE in the Availability subtree. The properties screen will start with

Properties of       <CEN>\Availability\<SID> on <message server>

As a consequence you have to configure your autoreaction to be started in dialog, not to be triggered by CCMS agent (ccmsping will not trigger the autoreaction).

And as we all know an autoreaction method started automatically in dialog will run in client 000...

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I am totally agreeing with you. The points which you have mentioned were met in my case which were already mentioned in my trailing conversations. Apart from that, I was having some issue in mail configurations in 000 client as well as I changed the sender user name to ALL CAPS. These two changes along with the points mentioned by you, my issue was resolved.

Any way thanks for making my points more clear.

Regards,

Renju