cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

could you please let me know if any customization is needed for the item Timeline Monitor graphic functionality?

I'll explain the issue:

I create an item, insert Planned and Forecasted start/finish date for the item and for its decision points and when I press button 'Timeline Monitor' I'm getting the following error messages:

'Mapping for field names does not exist'

and

' Customizing is missing'

Going through the SAP customizing menu the only thing I found is a BAdI 'Timeline monitor'.

I forgot to mention that I'm using PPM 5.0 version.

Please help!!

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Edited by: Accenture Consultant Accenture Consultant on Aug 25, 2011 1:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check table INM_OF_FCAT. it the table is empty thats the reason for your problem.

you can maintain the table via view V_INM_OF_FCAT or copy the customizing from the 00 client

(use transaction /RPM/CUST_COPY to copy the customizing of this table.

The timeline monitor should work if the table is maintained.

Best Regards

Isabella

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I hope you have maintained DP - phase or DP-WBS assignments and dates are as per synchronisation.

I am not sure why you are getting the error beacuse with above settings it should not create any problem.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I think we have that customizing correctly done:

In the item type settings we've defined the 'Link to Project System' = Portfolio and Project Management. Also we have mapped the item type to the project template we are using (SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Portfolio Management > Global Customizing > Portfolio-Independent Settings > Map Item Type to Project or PS).

In SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Common Functions > Decision Flow Management Settings > Attribute Synchronization

we have defined horizontal and initial creation synchronization scenarios and have mapped Item-Project and item Decision points-Project Phases dates.

Is there anything else required?

We are having several issues with item and project synchronization, so I suspect that there might be our problem with this Timeline Monitor graphic too if no other customization is required for it.

Any other idea?

Regards