cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in SAP Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please let me know the process for creating one step approval workflow for RFx in SAP Sourcing.

Do we need a Java help to be able to design the workflow.

Please let me know th estep by step details It woul be really very helpful for me.

Thanks,

Venky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No custom approval required for RFx. Add collaborator and provide him/her Approver role and move the RFx to Waiting for Approval phase.

Regards

Shobha

Edited by: Shobha M Narayanaswamy on Aug 25, 2011 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobha,

Thanks for the reply.What if I donot want to add the collaorator and want the RFx to be approved by a manager.

Thanks,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For anybody to have an access to the document, if even if it is just a Read rights, you have to add that person as a collaborator

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Devesh,

Assume that there are no collaborators.Owner creates the RFX and send it to the supplier.

In this case who will aprove the RFX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Like Devesh and Shobha have suggested, you need to add approver as a collaboraor for RFx approval to take place.

From what I can understand from your post is you do not want your buyer to add approver to an Rfx manually at ther beggining of every Rfx cycle. This condition can be taken care of with help of RFx templates.

You can create different tenplates with fixed approver such that when buyers use these templates to create Rfx, approver is already added and no manual intervention is required.

In case no approver is specified, Rfx can directly be opened to supplier by buyer/ owner of the Rfx

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Thanks alot for the reply.

Sori but in case I want to have the approvers automatically added and not from the teplates how we can do so.

What is the role of xpdl templates in Workflows for esourcing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

XPDL files are used for appovals in Projects and contracts. They are appended to phase definitions such that when a project or a contract is moved to a particular phase,workflow gets triggered.

In case of RFx XPDL files can not be used and only standard single level approval can be utilized. Phase definition for RFx can not be modified.

Hope this clarify your doubts.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to add standard collaborators based on Document Security Templates. You can create a group of users and add that group. Go to Setup->Document Setup->Document Security Templates->RFX Security Template->New Documents. and add the user or group, select the role as Approver.

If you need your approvers to be based on the category, you can use this in conjunction with Category Manager.

Regards,

MP