Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 Decrypt Error

sunit_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am testing AS2 connection with a partner using Seeburger adaptor. The partner is sending us edi files using AS2 HTTP protocol. In Seeburger workbench, I can see error that 'com.seeburger.ediint.edi.EDIMessageException: CANNOT DECRYPT MESSAGE (CERTIFICATE OR PRIVATE KEY MISSING)'.

My partner gets error that 'Unsigned MDN received, but signed MDN requested'.

I have given right certificate paths in Sender agreement. And the basis people say that the certificates are correct.

1. Please suggest how to solve this error?

2. In sender channel I have kept Asynchronous MDN settings values like Server Cert (Keystore) and Private Key blank. Is this the problem? What values should go in there?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The problem you see at your end is only related to your Decryption certificate setting. In the sender agreement, under AS2 Receiver Configuration -> Decryption Certificate -> Provide the path of Your certificate (which you have sent to partner for encryption) in the format TRUSTED/xx/xx

2. It is not mandatory to fill these options. However, if the sender expects only Signed MDN, then in the sender channel -

> Server Cert (Keystore) -> provide Partner's certificate again in the same format TRUSTED/xx/xx.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunnyboi,

when I was working with AS2 I went through a stage where we needed to implement additional Java Seciruty libraries, as the standard ones were not "strong" enough to work with the security expected by the AS2.

Missing of these libraries might also cause a problem when trying to decode the message.

Please check the documentation regarding this requirement.

Andrzej

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deploy the Certificate in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The value for Private Key is missing in your configuration that may be the cause for this error.

>>>In sender channel I have kept Asynchronous MDN settings values like Server Cert (Keystore) and Private Key blank. Is this the problem? What values should go in there?

The Value that should go into the Private key area will be in the following format:

TRUSTED\<Keystore_View>\<Kestore_Entry>

Here, TRUSTED is a constant.

Keystore View: will be the keystore view value for your party's certificate entries from NWA.

KeyStore Entry: will be the keystore entry value for your party's private key from NWA.

Please check in NWA or with your BASIS team about the values for Kestore View and Keystore Entry and use the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Gaurav

sunit_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Friend

I understood that Private key should be TRUSTED\<Keystore_View>\<Kestore_Entry>

But what should be in Server Cert (Keystore)?