Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same IDOC from 2 external system with same name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have the following scenario:

2 external systems with same SID: DEV and same client: 100 need to send an SAP standard IDOC of type ORDERS to my ECC system.

Both this systems require to use the standard IDOC sending (via SM58)

Is this scenario possible?

The problem of understanding which system sent the IDOC to me - can be solved by asking them to change

their partner number.

However - there is a problem of having the same entry in IDX1 - meaning that the IDOC structure will be

taken from only one of them. can the IDOC port also be changed? or is there a different alternative?

Please assist.

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of PI you are using?

if it is the latest one you will have idoc sender adapter so no worry.

if it is older one you need to bifurcate by logical system name.

for IDOC structure/metadata ,if it is the standard idoc ORDERS there will not be any issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thank you very much for the quick answer.

It is an old version. I use SAP PI 7.0

The problem is that using the same logical system for both of them means that I will have to use the same business service / system in the integration directory, and I when I receive the ORDERS from the first external system - I need to use one mapping on it, and when I receive the ORDERS from the other external system - I need to use a different mapping on it.

so I wanted to use two business services to distinguish when I receive the IDOC from the first external system or the second one.

Isn't there any way to "fake" the IDOC SNDPOR so the port will not be SAP<SID>, but a name of our choosing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNDPOR is populated in the sender systems (where the IDOC are built), and I think you can assign an arbitrary value in each of them (in your ALE setup), can't you ?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it and this is what I got:

An error was identified in the control record while adding an IDoc. The sender port TEST is invalid.

It seems that before the IDOC is sent, a syntax check of the SNDPOR is being made 😞

If anyone knows of a way to overcome this, it will solve this matter.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

found something.

opened a new thread here: [party based communication|;