cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implemet rulesets withn our overwring custom rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Experts,

Recently we have done upgrade from 4.6C to ECC 6 and upgraded the VIRSA component from VIRSA 400_46C to VIRSA 400_700.

Before upgrade we have done some custom changes in the rule set. But after upgrade, we need to get the additional ruleset from SAP for ECC6. I am afraid if I overwrite the custom changes if I implemet the additional ruleset provided by SAP. What is the best way to get the rulesets implemented without overwriting the existing custom ones?

Awaiting your opinions and suggessions.

Regards

Prasanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prasanth,

during the lifetime of an AC installation, there will be many rule set updates and corrections. I recommend you start implementing proper documentation and change control for your rules so that you can keep track of what changed exactly.

You should NEVER just load the update, as it may introduce new risks that you're not prepared to handle through mitigation or role design. You really need to llok at the accompanying documentation and decide if those changes match your business' definition of risk.

SAP doesn't know best what is a risk for your business. You do.

Frank.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any 'flag' in tables which help us to identify the custom changes to rulesets? Or is there any other way to identify the custom changes alone?

Regards

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Is there any 'flag' in tables which help us to identify the custom changes to rulesets? Or is there any other way to identify the custom changes alone?

Regards

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any option to identify whether VIRSA 400_700 SP 12 contains all the updated rulesets for ECC 6.

SP 12 is the latest one.. But i dont know, if i activate the BC sets related to SP 12 have all ECC 6 rulesets.

Note Number: 989368

Regards

Prasanth

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prasanth,

if SP12 is the last one it's bound to have the latest rule set.

If you need to compare you can go download the respective VIRACCNTNT*.sar file from the latest RAR AC 5.3 release, and/or look into the standard rule set quarterly update Note to verify.

I would again like to remark that you really need to analyse the requirements specific to YOUR business. Just taking the latest rule set verbatim will leed to a lot of unnecessary effort and frustration in your user base.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot for your valuable points.

Regards

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Your existing data will not be deleted when you upload the new ruleset. Use the Configuration, Rule Upload option which only appends the data.

You can ignore the ALL files, since you have the data already in the system.

Below thread gives you some light on the basic questions of an upgrade:

Regards,

Raghu