cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

always coding with abap proxies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have seen some blogs about abap proxies, however every blog had a coding of some reports etc.

Do I have to code everytime when using abap proxies?

The easiest way would be to generate the proxy classes in sproxy and you are done.

Thank you.

Regards,

Go:khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Khan,

There are two types of ABAP proxies:

1. Outbound proxy

2. Inbound Proxy

For outbound proxies, you create a proxy class/method using SPROXY based on message interface. To send a message to XI, you need write an ABAP report program, extract the data (Which usally is the case) and call the proxy class you have just generated.

For inbound proxies, You do the same thing in creating the proxy class and in the method of the proxy class you can write the desired ABAP Code to perform a particular task.

Hope this helps.

TNV

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

When you generate a proxy object, it will create a message strcuture and you need to populate this structure with the data. For this you are writing ABAP code.

So proxy is acting as a method, and you need to call this method with appropriate values. Inorder to call this from R/3 side, you are writing a Report (easiest way) and schedule the report as per the requeirement. So this report will fetch the data and trigger the proxy with the data. This is the case with Client Proxy.

Now Server Proxy- in this case your data is structured and populated when XI is calling proxy. But what needs to be done for these data ? SO you need to update the table etc right. For this again you need to write some part of ABAP code.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you first of all.

I think I got the client proxy part.

a.) However, I have heard that the server proxy is an interface. How can you populate that interface with code?

b.) Is there any content as for XI, which relieves from writing any code?

Regards,

Go:khan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>a.) However, I have heard that the server proxy is an interface. How can you populate that interface with code?</i>

>>>From XI, you are going to call the Proxy method. Once you call the proxy method with the data, it is like calling a function. So in the client proxy ,method is called by ABAP program. But in this case, XI is calling the proxy generated based on the Inbound Message Interface.

Once you call the method with data, next question is what needs be done for that. So write a logic to process the data.

<i>b.) Is there any content as for XI, which relieves from writing any code?</i>

>>>As XI is an Integration Platform, many a times business logic will be executed in the corresponding Sender/Receiver business applications.

Regards,

Moorthy