SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting subtitute applicant statuses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

lets say that we have a program of study that we can only accept 10 new registered student in every academic year.

and we have 30 applications for this program for year 2012.

I decided to admit 10 and reject 10 of these 30 applications. but I still have 10 applications and I want to keep them in hand (in a waiting list).

how can I manage the process if I want to keep the rest 10 applications as subtitute? (I mean, I want to keep these second 10 applications active to offer addmittance, in case of all the previously admitted 10 candidates will not register)

I created a Z statuses for subtitutes, but I think if I assign this statuses to call up point (0017 Addmission), and run auto addmission process, system will update all the previous 10 applicant statuses with this Z value. Am I right?

thanks and best regards,

Nurullah.

3 REPLIES 3

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nurullah,

What you could also do is to use the admission category as a 'substatus' of the system status. In this way you do not have to create a Z-status and you can keep control of the open-waiting application with system status 'applicant' (standard) and admission category (substatus) 'temporary substitutes'. In this way you can report on those applicants.

You should configure the auto-admission in that way that students with substatus 'temp substitutes' will be eliminated from auto admission (hence create the appropiate rule in the admission audit).

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Nurullah,

I am not sure, if it would be possible to change the status of student admission into a z stuatus with little effort and acheive what you want. Kindly let me know if you are able to achieve it.

One option could be tag the 10 substitute students on a admission catagory and exclude them for audit and registration. or execute admission audit and later tag them to a special admission catogory and restrict registration.

Based on the drop out from the original list, you could change the admission catagory and allow registration.

Best Regards,

Kasi Raaman.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nurullah,

I will suggest you to designed exactly the way event package wait list work. That way you will be able to keep the order university wants to offer the admission to next batch of student.

In technical terms, Approve the admission update prozt field of hrp1001(A530). To stop them from registration use additional admission check badi. Write a mass program to update their wait list status and offer admission.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh