cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issues with DBVIEW in Slave Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a problem with a DBVIEW, it took so long time to run, let me explain the scenario:

- MDM 5.5 (SQL 2005)

- Business Objects connected to MDM Slaves repositories with DBVIEWS

One of my DBVIEWS is very slowly and I saw that it's because not even one View has Keys in the fields, Do you know any option in the script or in the Lib folder to create at the same time Dbviews and Index assigned to the fields?

Thanks for your help

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shambhu,

I'll appreciate if you send me the Scripts, maybe that help and I think will be better if you send me the "lib" folder too.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pasting the Release notes from the MDM DB View that I am running on Master Repository on MDM 7.1

This tells you that MDM DB Views can run on master repository but in higher versions of MDM 7.1. We are running MDM 7.1.06.241

Please check the Release Note of DB View that you are running and try to get the below version of DB View and try. I cannot paste the script and lib files as it is on restricted access server.

"version: 1.315 beta

Date: 06/02/2011

• Fixed:

- Fix Oracle rounding on decimal places.

• Changes:

- Added support for creating DB Views on Master repositories for Oracle and MSSQL.

• Restrictions:

- When using DB Views with a Master repository, some performance and locking issues may occur if using the views and updating the

repository's schema at the same time. For more information, see the 'DB Views How To Guide'."

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

How did you create the DbViews in a Master repositorie? If I try to do that, the Script show's a message which indicates that need to be a Slave Repositorie.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I guess it is with the MDM 7.1 that it works on Master repository but not sure about 5.5

The standard guides talks about using Slave repository but in our case we do have the DBViews running on our Master repository. I can provide you the scripts on Monday/Tuesday for trying it on 5.5.

You can also edit the script to create the DBViews and tweak it as required. You can work with your DBA to analyse the commands and run it on top of your master repository directly from the database. If you are able to create any single DBView for any table then you should be able to do it for all the tables. Remember to unload the repository from MDM and then try things on Database directly.

Thanks,

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

Thanks but I already did that in all Flats and Main table and It doesnt work. I already tried to change the JAR files which read the Slave repositories and create the dbviews but showing errors in each change.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MDM DbViews directly on the Master Repository and it works absolutely fine when reading from BOBJ DS or BPM Portal.

You might try to test this in Sandbox and implement it, if it works directly on the Master repository.

Thanks.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The DBVIEWS will be replicating the data from MDM hence only way out is to correct the data in MDM reppsitory.

further you can try using the unique fields values of a table as key to fetch the data ,not sure will worke or not

regards

shankar