cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing user credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I am having an issue I don't know what else to do to resolve. This is related to passing user credentials when doing a BAPI call to do a Production Order confirmation when using the JCO connection.

By looking into this forum for an answer, I found some threads that are already covering my issue, but I believe all of the recommendations are already applied.

These are :

Configuration in SAP MII:

u2022 In the JCO action block (for RFC or BAPI call) in the link editor, set SAPUserName property to u201C$MYSAPSSO2$u201D

u2022 Define a transaction property MYSAPSSO2 and in the link editor from the JCO action block, link it to SAPSSO2Ticket property

u2022 In MII Menu - Dataservers - XacuteConnector activate property u201CAutobindu201D

u2022 In MII Menu - System Connection Editor - JCO (used JCO connection) - activate u201CSSOu201D

The certificates have been put in place and the timezone is the same in both MII and ECC.

But still, all of the transactions are recorded using the connectiong defined account and not the user account doing the transaction in MII.

We are in MII 12.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Guillermo Meza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the action's configure dialog, do you have the Credential Alias selected or is it blank?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

I have the Credential Alias selected. I tried with leaving that blank but getting an error.

-G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something to add as I started to put some tracer here, the Transaction.MYSAPSSO2 property is showing blank, so I think that is the problem.

Guess the question is, what can be causing this to come blank ? I am sure this is what is causing the transaction to use the user defined in the Credential Alias and not the user logged in MII.

-G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guillermo,

The property will not show a value in the Tracer. You need to grab the value of it from an XacuteQuery, as Autobind is a property of the Xacute Connector.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

And that is exactly what I'm doing. I execute the XacuteQuery that is calling my transaction. At the end of the transaction, I have a termination action that would display the value of Transaction.MYSAPSSO2 . That is showing blank.

Let me mention one thing, I have the same XacuteQuery and Transaction in my 12.0 environment and it works just fine. The value showed for the Transaction.MYSAPSSO2 property is the ticket credentials (a bunch of characters).

So, in order to do more tests, I did the following :

• Run the Xacute Query in MII 12.0 so I can see the credential values. Copied that.

• Went into the MII 12.1 XacuteQuery and assigned the values copied below to the MYSAPSSO2 variable that will be passed to the transaction.

It worked.

After all of this, i'm thinking the issue is that the XacuteQuery is not passing the value to the Transaction, that is why the JCO function is executed using the credentials defined in the Credential Alias, which is a standard user, and not the user performing the transaction.

Is this too confusing ? I have somescreenshots i can share with you !!

Thank you!!

PS I believe I already mentioned that Autobind is checked in the XacuteConnector definition in the Data Server option. Also, SSO is enable in MII and the certificates have been imported into ECC. I actually get into the MII system using SSO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

No, it's not too confusing :). What MII service pack and patch level are you up to on your 12.1 install? May possibly be a bug, so it would be worthwhile to check the latest service pack and patch notes. You may need to enter a message for this issue in the SAP Support system.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

We are in 12.1.8 Build 40

Thanks

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on MII 12.1.7 Just over the last week, we integrated to LDAP and setup SSO between ECC and MII which working fine so far but during the process we did encounter few issues and I would like to share them hoping that it might help you in some way

Issue 1:

The UserID created in ECC was slightly different from LDAP UserId and it failed.

Issue 2:

We ensured that all the UserID's are same across systems that is in LDAP and ECC but then came another issue came up that is not enough permissions for the user on ECC side.

Issue 3:

Naming clash between UserID in LDAP and UME database.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adarsh, thanks for your sharing.

Actually, our process is that ECC is authenticating the user loging into MII. That has worked well for us except in the times where ECC is down or the network connection between the site where MII server is located and the site where our ECC instance is in place is also down.

I think my issue here is going to a bug or so. As I mentioned, it works well n 12.0 bt not in 12.1.

Guillermo