cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2, Header and Item Level Ship-to

former_member378040
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a situation where I want to have different header and item level ship-to accounts on a sales order. When I use the BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 to create the order by passing the Ship-to for header and Item in order_partners table, the header ship-to is not updated.

This works fine if the header and item level ship-to are same.

Any ideas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This works fine if the header and item level ship-to are same.

I believe that's how it's supposed to work. If you have different Ship-to's for every line item, why would you expect Ship-to to be populated at the header level? And which Ship-to would it be? As a programmer, I'm not even sure how would I program for such scenario... Just grab a random/first Ship-to and put it at the header? Doesn't make any sense...

Try adding an entry with 0 line item, as already suggested. Otherwise I'm not sure how it's expected to work.

paul_quinn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

put a breakpoint at the BAPI and check your PARTNERS table

e.g. in the case, i am using iterms partner for line 10 & 20 that is different to the header table (000000)

PARTN_ROLE PARTN_NUMB ITM_NUMBER TITLE NAME

1 AG |EDICUS |000000 | | <

2 WE |DODGE |000000 | | <

3 WE |EDICUS |000010 | | <

4 WE |RWCUS |000020 | | <

if your table is not like this , it won't work

otherwise, post the relevant code and we can check

kind regards

Paul Quinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the item category configuration in VOV7 in business data section: for the checkbox business item.

Is it checked? pls check it and try again.

Regards

RS

former_member378040
Participant
0 Kudos

Thaks for your quick response, but the business item check box is already checked for the Item Category in question.

Thanks

Amit