cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver UME Self-Registration by Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I enabled Self Registration in UME Identity Management and i got link at Login.

-I can able to self-register to UME Identity Management successfully with any user id and with any Email Id.

-we have LDAP contains User Details. (our LDAP is not a authentication System and have no passwords stored)

-I integrated LDAP with UME by data source type (Microsoft ADS + DB), Now i can able to see LDAP users in UME Identity Management with password field disabled for LDAP users.

-My requirement is - users whoever have user ids exists in LDAP only have to allow for self-register in UME Identity Management.It means UME self-registration must allow user id or Email id only if it exists in LDAP.

_Now it is allowing any user id and any Email ID.

-Also if i try to self-register with user id already exists in LDAP, its throwing error that "User already exists".

_How to restrict Self-registration as per my requirement and how avoid "User already exists" error.

Please understand my requirement and provide a solution. This is very urgent, because our golive is scheduled next week . I got this problem because of our LDAP is not an authentication system.

Thanks,

Sathish.

Edited by: Ram.Sathish on Aug 25, 2011 3:06 PM

Hi Experts,

Any comments please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to do this through IDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i am working SAP GRC Access Control.

We installed on AS JAVA only Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 SR1.

Thanks,

Sathish.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You really need to speak to a UME expert on this one. Can you have the password in LDAP as well? That might be the easiest workaround.