SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing in same period for different reading and at different time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to bill the same period multiple times. the reading for each billing run wil be different.

This is electricity transmission industry related query. we have a scenario in which Balancing Mechanism charges are to be billed to the supplier. there are 7 different reading received for same settlement day. first reading comes after 7 working days of the settlement day second one after 22 working days after settlement day.. thrid after 48 working days etc. the later the reading it is more accurate. we need to perform the billing as and when we receive the reading for the same settlement day.

For ex: settlement day is 1st june 2011 and on 8th jul 2011 we get the first reading for 1st june 2011 so we need to bill it with the first reading. on 23rd june 2011 we get second(more accurate reading) reading for 1st june 2011now again we need to bill with the latest reading for 1st june 2011. This is sort of reconcillation billing. we dont want to reverse the old billing.

Is this possible in ISU billing???????????

2 REPLIES 2

former_member442034
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all I try to answer your question about the billing of the same period more times. It is not possible without reversal, adjustment reversal, DPC or back billing.

To your requirement. You have for the same billing period (e.g. july 2011) more meter readings which come in some sequence. Old one will be overwritten. The last meter reading have the best quality and according to this MR should be performed the billing and invoicing.

I have some questions:

1. MR is profile or discrete?

2. What should be done with previous billing (reversal?)

3. Is every billing document invoiced?

4. If yes, is invoice payed?

This situation is possible to solve for example:

A. with simulation of the billing period which will be additionally posted in FI-CA as invoice (prepayment). After last MR will be created real billing document and invoice. The previous payments will be taken into account during invoicing with reverse sign.

B. use the virtual installations for the billing of non-accurate MRs with the same POD, BP and CA.

C. implement DPC - dynamic period control based on the meter reading types.

I hope I helped you with this overview.

Vlado

0 Kudos

HI Vlado,

Thanks for the reply

Below are the answers to ur questions

1. MR is profile or discrete?

Profile reading it comes every 30 min interval.

2. What should be done with previous billing (reversal?)

Previous Billing shouldn't be reversed.

3. Is every billing document invoiced?

Yes all the billing Documents need to be invoiced after getting the approval from concerned authority.

4. If yes, is invoice payed?

Yes the invoiced is paid.

I wanted to know more specific answer to my scenario, below are few more details on the requirement.

Initial billing (a month in advance) is done on expected demand forecasted by the supplier(just one value defined for a specific duration say from 1 Apr to 31 Mar some thing similar to period consumption i guess.

Actual reading will start coming after 5 days, 22 days, 120 days etc last reading will come after 14 month for a single settlement day (as discussed previously) we need to store all the readings billing should be done on accurate reading.

After we have got reading for the whole financial year user trigger the initial reconcillation billing.

In this billing, again month wise billing calculation is done by considering the latest reading available for each particular day.The difference amount between the first bill for the month and current billing amount is calculated. Interest on that amount amount is also calculated.

Invoice for all the 12 month billing is sent in one single Invoice.

After final reading is got for each and every settlement day i.e after 14 months from the end of the financial year Final reconcilation is triggered by the user.

here again calculation are done month wise but the different amount to be billed will be current amount and initial reconcillation billing amount.

Invoice for all the 12 month billing is sent in one single Invoice.