cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase-SAP server initiated workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to develop a server-initiated workflow in SUP where in whenever an email comes to manager for PO approval then he should get an email to sybase hybrid web container from there to corresponding workflow. Please put your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Vijay Kumar T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Can you please guide us how to used server-initiated workflow in Blackberry Simulator.

Enterprise account means a company account. and if possible then please send me some links related to DCN examples and its steps.

We are not able to configure e-mail account in Simulator.

Please help me,

We faced that error from last 8 days,

Regards,

Tapan

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Just ensure that when you run the simulator ( the same machine in which SUP resides), MDS is also running. And also, in SCC, check whether the BES url should be mentioned as http://localhost:8080.

This would mean that MDS is talking to SUP. With respect to server driven notification, it is same for every device. Just check in Windows Mobile simulator first and see whether it is coming.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

All are perfectly running that you mentioned,

And We successfully deploy client-iniated workflow in simulator also. But problem is that how can we deploy a server-initiated workflow without configuring e-mail in simulator ?

We are trying to test PO Approval application but at the end , we are not able to configure e-mail in simulator,

For configuring it, should we used an Enterprise account or any personal e-mail a/c (Like Gmail,Yahoo. Etc....) And the other problem is that in simulaor, we are not able to find personal e-mail setup option.

We are using Blackberry 9550 Simulator.

Please help me,

Regards,

Tapan

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

I think you are right.. I am trying to recall whether we did Server driven on BB simulator.

However, I am sure on real device I cordinated with BES admin to get the workflow app on real device. We tested on the real device.

Let me check with my team and will let you know.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and spending your time with me.

And when we will try to deploy an app on real device then which files we have to be load on device for workflow.

Regards,

Tapan

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Ensure you deploy the following files:

CommonClient

MessagingClientApp

MessagingClientSettings

MocaClient

WorkflowResources

And you might be aware, BES integration is very much needed for the BlackBerry. If the policies in BES are rigid, you might be able to deploy these files from Desktop Manager.

You should push the files from BES. To give a heads up, we came across lot of issues while deploying these files from BES.

Regards,

Viju

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Ensure you deploy the following files:

CommonClient

MessagingClientApp

MessagingClientSettings

MocaClient

WorkflowResources

And you might be aware, BES integration is very much needed for the BlackBerry. If the policies in BES are rigid, you might be able to deploy these files from Desktop Manager.

You should push the files from BES. To give a heads up, we came across lot of issues while deploying these files from BES.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

You should push files from BES ? I didnt get it.

And i loaded those 5 files in the simulator and client-iniated workflow also running successfully.

My question is that can we test Server-initiated workflow in Blackberry Simulator ?

Please Help me.

Regards,

Tapan

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

I am talking about the real device ( BlackBerry).

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Still I didn't check in real device because 1st i have to check on Simulator.

But i don't think that i am able to test server-iniated workflow in Simulator.

Regards,

Tapan

Edited by: Tapan Nathvani on Dec 5, 2011 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Now we are trying to work with DCN. We read it from Sybase infocenter but i have one question that when we will create any request in SAP , how SAP will trigger the Sybase server ? with the ABAP Function ?

And in it, they used some custom classes or functions in ABAP Code

So please can you help us how to develop an application with DCN ? because through Sybase infocenter , we didn't get too much idea about developing steps.

Regards,

Tapan

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

For what its worth, DCNs can be fired from Java code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Togehter,

I have exactlly the same requierment. I would like to bring a workitem of an SAP CRM workflow via SUP 2.0 down to a mobile device (Blackberry). I am understanding already that Sybase Mobile Workflow is getting substituted with Hybrid Web Container technology. And here is the question for older Sybase Mobile Workflow the connection to SAP was clear. How does the backend integration towards SAP Workflow work now on SUP 2.0.

Does anybody has experience here?

Many Thanks

Michael

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Its the same process. You'll either want to tie into a multiplexer email account or, more likely, issue Workflow DCN requests from within your SAP server.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

How do you tie it to multiplier email account and where do you do it ?

We are using DCN for SUP workflows using JSON.

Regards,

Viju

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's a link to the corresponding section in the documentation:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.scc.sup.1.5.2.configure.doc...

Let me know if you have any questions/issues.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Thanks for the link. I have few questions as mentioned below:

(1) Is this applicable for SUP 2.0 also ?

(2) If I understand, SUP is configured with the enterprise e-mail server and SUP will scan the mail box for any the relevant matches as described in the server driven.

For ex: "CC" will be "User mail id" .

(3) The mails delivered to this mail box will be from the backend, such as SAP workflow driven mails that will hit the enterprise mail box

Thanks for your response and support.

Regards,

Viju

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) Yes, while I did send you the 1.5.2 link as opposed to the 2.0 link, the information therein is still applicable to 2.0.

(2) That's the gist of it, yes. The contents of each email will need to match the matching rules of the workflow application so that SUP knows which email corresponds to which workflow application and you'll need to setup a distribution rule so that SUP knows which email corresponds with which device user.

(3) Typically, yes, although not necessarily. You might have another server-side application that processes the backend and is responsible for sending the emails.

One key thing to remember is that that enterprise email box should be used only for this purpose, don't use a personal email account, as SUP will, in response to certain scenarios, need to delete all the emails in the inbox (among other things).

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

And as a follow-up, lest the point be lost, you can also use WF DCNs instead of/in addition to hooking into email.

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Thanks for the reply. Currently, we have explored DCN for workflow applications and quite comfortable to implement.

Regards,

Viju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

we are trying to work on DCN ,

if possible can you send me some links related to DCN examples and its steps to create DCN Applications.

Thanks in Advance

VinayKumar

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Abudance information is available in info center. You just need to have patience to read it :-).

let me know if I can be of any help.

Regards,

Viju

Edited by: vijayendravs on Dec 1, 2011 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done in two ways:

1. you can either trigger a manual notification from SUP Server.

2. you can use a data change notification which would be a java code calling the backend and then backend would inturn trigger a DCN call to SUP server. SUP server would then send a server driven notification to workflow container. you would get a new mail in your client mailbox which would have the details of PO approval.

Regards,

Kartik