cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPSON printer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a issue where the user is trying to print Delivery notes from EPSON printers(9 pin), but the output from printer is not proper.

The first page is coming fine but the later pages are being overlapped while taking the printout from this printer.

Print request is being given to the local printer from SAP.

Below are few details for output device

Output device : LOCL

Device Type : SAPWIN

Access Method : F

There is not issue when the print is given on other printers. The issue is only when EPSON printer is used.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use the EPSON printers the device type is EPESCP9 Now just check the

Print. Actually i face similar problem same like this. that time i am using

SAPWIN device type its working all other printer except EPSON. Once i changed the

Device type as EPESCP9 the printing problem is resolved.

One more important point once you change the Device type changed the it print

some miss alignment. so you have to change the layout accordingly.

The Aidan help me for this issue.

Please refer the link I post the same issue in SDN i solve the issue.

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhina,

Thanks for the information.

I have a query here. As this a frontend printer and the output device is LOCL.

Will it be a problem if I change the output device to EPESCP9 and the user is trying to print from any other printer.

Please clarify my doubt.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should create 2 output types like LOCL and ZLOCL.

the LOCL is refer the Device type is SAPWIN right? dont change it. its working all the printers except EPSON.

create one output types(ZLOCL) same as LOCL and change the Device Type as 'EPESCP9' .

if the User taking Print out in EPSON printer means select the ZLOCL other printer means LOCL.

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhina,

The user is not being prompted for the selection of printer while running the transaction.

LOCL is being selected by default.

Could you please advise, what can be done for this.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dhina,

I have changed the device type to EPESCP9 output device still being LOCL and asked the user to test.

The result is still the same and this time few of the lines missing in the printout.

Could you please help.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check the capabilities of the printer i.e., how much height and width the printer can print by taking a test print.

This is generally the reason because many create custom page formats with width and height as per their requirement not noticing the cappability of the printer.

Then accordingly you have to reduce the height and width as per printer capabilities.

This way no lines will be skiped while printing.

BR

Dep

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Do you use a custom page format? If you create custom page format with SAPWIN, no command is sent to the printer. In this case the default page format in windows for the printer is used. The following note describes how to create a page format at windows level and assign as the default for your printer:

163136 - Creating new paper size for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

Also, it may help to add the commands below in the action 'End of Page' for the device type SAPWIN for the used page format:

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> SAPWIN -> Formats -> <Page Format> -> End of Page:

Try adding the command below in this section:

1. formfeed

\f

regards,

Aidan