Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T&E approver issue while trying to approve the request in SBWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with a T&E issue here. The problem is when ever the T&E approver trying to save the request submitted by the user in his inbox or try to change the expenses data its not allowing me to save or change any data. The message i get is " Trip has not been approved yet. Trip can not be changed".

When i open the request through SBWP(inbox), it will take me to PR05 screen where the user is trying to save. Even if i give SAP_ALL also its not working. Sometimes it thro P_ABAP Program SAPDBPNP with 2 is missing in ST01(i know its dummy nothing to do with this issue)

I am not sure whether its workflow or security. Its working fine in production and replicated the same roles in QA but no use. Any help highly appreciated and <removed by moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 24, 2011 6:43 PM

6 REPLIES 6

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just guess but there is a BADI which can be used to implement additional checks. Have you checked this?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. Its working fine in Production with the same access but its not working in QA and DEV. Nothing updated in the system from basis side in recent times except some transports. Even after moving the transports its working fine in production not in QA and DEV. Any other thoughts!!

Thanks

Vasanth

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes people come with a solution that uses bespoke tables instead of authorization checks. In that case you might be missing something in your development system. But I am not saying that it's your case. Have you tried to run ST01 in DEV and QA and compare results? If it's not in authorization then debugger in parallel in DEV and QA and comparing logic. This is really painful way but it should help you to resolve your issue. You can speed up this process using transaction SE30 (more info in this [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17050] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];).

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Martin, i have tried both in Dev and QA with ST01 traces and its giving me the same results. In the P_ABAP object we have used 3 programs in which one is custom program. In the trace it is reading the 2 standard programs but its not showing that its reading the custom Z program. Instead of that is showing the erro P_ABAP program SAPDBPNP with value 2 is missing.

Even if i add SAPDBPNP into P_ABAP its not working. I am trying all the ways before going to the developer. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Program SAPDBPNP corresponds to logical database PNP. So check notes related to this DB.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am aware of it and not sure why it is calling this database though we are not using any HR reports in the role. Let me check out the notes on this DB and will update you.