Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The stock consumption as per expiry date and not as per availability date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had a requirement like below for our client:

While creating batch in ECC we put the expiry date for the batch as per the business requirement.

Suppose batch creation date: 01.01.2011

If in case the SKU shelf life is 1 year the logical expiry date should be 31.12.2011.

But here user can put any expiry date (there is genuine business reasons behind that), so for one SKU for one Availability date of the batch we can have 2 expiry date.

Please see below one example for the same:

EXPIRY DATE SHELF LIFE AVL DATE

batch-1 08.10.2012 720 19.10.2010

batch-2 06.06.2012 365 12.06.2011

batch-3 01.08.2012 360 03.08.2011

In the above case the SKU which is available first is having a long expiry period and vice versa.

As per standard SAP the stock which is available first will be consumed first. So as per standard SAP batch1 will be consumed first than batch-2 and than batch-3.

But our requirement is to consume stock based on the expiry date of the stock.So the stock which is going to expire first will be consumed first. In the above scenario the consumption should happen like batch-2 first than batch-3 and than batch-1.

The client requirement is to consume the stock as per the expiry date and not as per the Availability date (this is what happens in the usual scenario).

Could you please suggest how to incorporate this?

Thanks in Advance,

Mukesh Pandey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we can achieve this by using a sort rule by maintaining your expiry date as the sorting characteristics. So the eligible batches will be selected by the system while doing availability check according to selection criteria. If there are more than one eligible batch, then that will be sorted by expiry date and the most recent expiry date batch will be selected.

Also I have a query that how the Batch availability date is determined? If it is a batch stock, it should be readily available ..right?

Please see if it is helpful.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried using the characteristic for Expiry date as the sort criteria as per sap note 377186.

After doing the changes in the structure as suggested by SAP note i was able to see this characteristics as one of the sorting criteria. But when I am trying to create pegging relationship between demand and supply element he message i am gtting is "MAX_SL_DATE" can not be used as a sorting criteria in a fix pegging.

System is just ignoring it.

We have batch managed stock here and stock availability date is batch creation date.But since we are manually creating batch in ECC and cifing it to APO we are getting scenarios where for the same creation date of batches we have different expiry dates.

I hope i am clear now.

Could you please suggest any other option as sorting is not working .

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Had the exact same problem with an implementation. By standard, the pegging will take place without taking into consideration a "first expired, first out" logic.

I would recommend opening an OSS Message and requesting that note a provisional release note be made available for your use. It allows "First expired, first out" logic to be utilized, but the note has not yet been released generally yet (only provisionally). The note specifies use of additional code inside BADI: /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT, method: RRP_USEX_PEGAREA_GET_DATA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have raised an OSS for the above issue and expecting SAP to come back on the same.

I would keep you posted for any further information.

Thanks everybody for your reply but this question is still not answered

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP has recommended an OSS 759599 and it worked just fine.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

Answers (0)