cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO GET WORKITEM-ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

we are using process controlled workflow , in single step approval process ,srm 7.0 version , we have to find the workitem id for the shopping cart , it is just being created , based on workitem id i need to find the approver name . please help me is there any function module to get approver?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

kamakshi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all work item will be created only when the event gets triggered, in this case S/C Created event. Without creation of shopping cart, i hope we cannot get the work item id. However, you can get the work item id if you keep the s/c status as held.

Or

What is your logic to determine the agent (approver) ? If you want to have the approver name itself before creation of shopping cart, you can get it through relevant function module according to your logic currently in place. YOu can view those details under Approval Preview tab of shopping cart also.

Thanks

Rajesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Thank you for your response , here we need to find the approver before SC is saved or ordered , can you guid us by giving the relevant function module to find work item , based on which we can determine the approver.

Thanks.

kamakshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No - Workitem will generate only after ordering the SC, Even workitem will not generate when you SAVE the SC. What ever you are seeing in the approval preview before you order the SC is just for your reference. The corresponding approver will receive the workitem only after you ordering the SC.

Explain your requirement, We will try to help you..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarvanan,

Here my requirement is we are using process controlled workflow , in which we are having single step approval process .We have set the approver in SPRO under RR_EMPLOYEE , now we need to develop a custom FM , which retrieves this approver name or BP number .

We need to show this approver name even before any SC is created . We are using srm 7.0

Thanks

kamakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The work item agents can be found in table SWWUSERWI. Take into account that there might be several users having that single work item.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to find work item(s) related to an sap object (for example shopping cart) you can use SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT. You need to check the object type name from the workflow if you don't know it. You should find lots of examples from SDN about how to use this function.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here my requirement is we are using process controlled workflow , in which we are having single step approval process .We have set the approver in SPRO under RR_EMPLOYEE ,

To display the approver name before SC is created through approval preview then you dont need to develop any FM. This is standard.

now we need to develop a custom FM , which retrieves this approver name or BP number .

We need to show this approver name even before any SC is created . Where do you want to show?

where do you want to use FM?

Saravanan